Code Review - Error

Ashwini T R

Oct 12, 2016, 5:05:58 AM10/12/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

Please help to resolve below issue: cannot submit the change, error message shows below.
But related changes are merged.

Code Review - Error

Cannot merge 1208aa1bf17f551bbd0a3bbaf7a2fa51671f5c87

Missing dependency

thanks
Ashwini

Björn Pedersen

Oct 12, 2016, 5:18:20 AM10/12/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

try to rebase the change locally and re-push. A typical case is, when one of the predecessor changes got abandoned (or even worse, if it was draft, deleted).

Björn

Ashwini T R

Oct 12, 2016, 5:55:23 AM10/12/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, when we try to rebase the changes which parent revision should use??

When we input the original one report error like below:

Code Review - Error

The change could not be rebased due to a conflict during merge.

And if We use the HEAD revision it says:

Code Review - Error

base revision is missing: 1e5b1e95dabcd3965a132d15546202a29f152d5a

Please suggest.

Thanks
Ashwini T R

Matthias Sohn

Oct 12, 2016, 6:40:37 AM10/12/16
to Ashwini T R, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Ashwini T R <ashu.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, when we try to rebase the changes which parent revision should use??

rebase onto the branch the change should reach when review is done

When we input the original one report error like below:

Code Review - Error

The change could not be rebased due to a conflict during merge.

And if We use the HEAD revision it says:

Code Review - Error

base revision is missing: 1e5b1e95dabcd3965a132d15546202a29f152d5a

Please suggest.

rebase in a local clone and resolve the conflicts

-Matthias