Problem with patchset-created and draft-published hooks in 2.14.x?

Jeff

Aug 3, 2017, 2:51:33 PM8/3/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
We've been testing upgrades from 2.12 to 2.14, and are running into problems with the patchset-created and draft-published hooks.  The hooks we used before the upgrade were working fine, but after upgrading and installing the hooks plugin, they appear to no longer be called.  I've been able to run the scripts by renaming them to commit-received, but that's not the behavior we need for these scripts.

I'm just wanting to confirm I'm not missing something obvious before I file a problem tracker ticket.

Thanks,

Doug Luedtke

Aug 7, 2017, 2:58:08 AM8/7/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I work with Jeff and wanted to add some details.

In the gerrit.config we have tried the following and none of them seem to be called.
* draftPublishedHook = script.py
* draftPublished = script.py
* patchsetCreatedHook = script.py
* patchsetCreated = script.py

David Pursehouse

Aug 7, 2017, 5:42:32 AM8/7/17
to Doug Luedtke, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 7:58 AM Doug Luedtke <douglas...@gmail.com> wrote:
I work with Jeff and wanted to add some details.

In the gerrit.config we have tried the following and none of them seem to be called.
* draftPublishedHook = script.py
* draftPublished = script.py
* patchsetCreatedHook = script.py
* patchsetCreated = script.py

This sounds like the problem described in issue 6508 [1].  The fix for that [2] should be included in version 2.14.2 [3]

On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 1:51:33 PM UTC-5, Jeff wrote:
We've been testing upgrades from 2.12 to 2.14, and are running into problems with the patchset-created and draft-published hooks.  The hooks we used before the upgrade were working fine, but after upgrading and installing the hooks plugin, they appear to no longer be called.  I've been able to run the scripts by renaming them to commit-received, but that's not the behavior we need for these scripts.

I'm just wanting to confirm I'm not missing something obvious before I file a problem tracker ticket.

Thanks,

Doug Luedtke

Aug 8, 2017, 1:10:12 PM8/8/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, douglas...@gmail.com
We are running 2.14.2 in our test environment. We tried both hook names in the gerrit.config.

Also we tried using the hook names in the hooks directory.
* draft-published
* patchset-created
* patchset-created-hook
* ref-update
* revision-created

Mai Waly

Apr 18, 2018, 1:21:01 PM4/18/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi All,

Please advise as we have the same problem, how was it solved?