commit already exists (in the project) in gerrit version 2.9.4

mrutyunjay

Feb 19, 2015, 12:21:48 AM2/19/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
         When I try to push something or fast forward a branch sometimes I get following error

commit already exists (in the project)

I am little bit confused about the reason.

So lets say i am fast forwarding branch_one to branch_two and branch_one has a change "A"  which is uploaded/cherry-picked on branch_two say change "B". change "A" which is merged in branch_one has same change ID as of change "B". so when i push it gerrit will find the change "B" which is not merged yet and has same change id as of change "A" and then instead of uploading a patchset gerrit will throw an error ?? is it correct??

gerrit version : 2.9.4

Saša Živkov

Feb 19, 2015, 8:15:41 AM2/19/15
to mrutyunjay, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 6:21 AM, mrutyunjay <mrutyunj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
         When I try to push something or fast forward a branch sometimes I get following error

How do your push commands look like?

commit already exists (in the project)

I am little bit confused about the reason.

So lets say i am fast forwarding branch_one to branch_two and branch_one has a change "A"  which is uploaded/cherry-picked on branch_two say change "B". change "A" which is merged in branch_one has same change ID as of change "B". so when i push it gerrit will find the change "B" which is not merged yet and has same change id as of change "A" and then instead of uploading a patchset gerrit will throw an error ?? is it correct??

gerrit version : 2.9.4

mrutyunjay

Feb 19, 2015, 8:45:38 AM2/19/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, mrutyunj...@gmail.com
It was a simple fast forward.

git push origin HEAD:refs/heads/branch_two