Setting receive.maxObjectSizeLimit causes 'Too many concurrent connections' error

Anantha Madhava

Nov 13, 2015, 3:22:30 AM11/13/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello Gerrit Gurus,

I am using Gerrit 2.11.2 on Tomcat 7.0.47 on Windows 7.

I am trying to restrict the size of files that could be pushed to Gerrit with receive.maxObjectSizeLimit in gerrit.config. This works as expected blocking the git push with an appropriate error.
However, after this failed push, all git operations [except local operations like git commit, git status and git log.. etc.,] fail with

Received disconnect from <<gerrit IP>>: Too many concurrent connections

This is pretty much consistently reproducible after a big file is blocked. To overcome this, I had to set sshd.maxConnectionsPerUser to 0. Which solved the problem, but I am not happy why a blocked push should cause 'Too many concurrent connections' error? I think it's a bug. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Anantha