repo aggregating git repo subdirectories

Chris Ruffin

Nov 25, 2015, 4:35:09 AM11/25/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Is it possible for repo to aggregate a git repo's subdirectories instead of entire repo?  For example:

repo1.git:
Foo/
Bar/

repo2.git:
Foot/
Leg/

repo working directory:
Foo (from repo1.git)
Foot (from repo2.git)

How could this configuration be described in the manifest?

Magnus Bäck

Nov 26, 2015, 1:41:16 AM11/26/15
to Chris Ruffin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 23:34 CET,
This would be similar to a sparse checkout, but I don't think a sparse
checkout alone would do since Foo and Foot both would want to have a
.git directory alongside them. I think the best you can do is symlinking
the selection of subdirectories into the root. Repo should be able to
help you:

<project name="repo1" "repo1">
<linkfile src="Foo" dest="Foo"/>
</project>

--
Magnus Bäck | Software Engineer, Firmware Platform Tools
magnu...@axis.com | Axis Communications

Vamsheeth Vadlamudi

Aug 20, 2021, 4:36:32 AM8/20/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
What if this is My Scenario:

I've two repositories from  two different Teams repo1.git and repo2.git

repo1.git:
foo/
bar/

repo2.git:
bar/

And For my Project to work I need foo/ from repo1.git and bar/ from repo2.git

Any Plans to include the feature Like this in future releases

For Including the Paths:
<project path="my/local/path" name="remote/to/my/repo"  sparse-paths="dir/in/my/repo" />

For Excluding the Paths
<project path="my/local/path" name="remote/to/my/repo"  sparse-paths="!dir/in/my/repo" />

Regards,
Vamsheeth Vadlamudi