Mail not triggering

Ashwini T R

Oct 5, 2016, 1:46:39 AM10/5/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

Mails are not triggering in Gerrit instance while we perform code review and when we submit the change:(:(:(

Please find the logs below: Help to resolve this issue.

[2016-10-05 11:03:44,289] [HTTP-119870] ERROR com.google.gerrit.server.change.PostReviewers : Cannot send email to new reviewers of change 2115

com.google.gerrit.common.errors.EmailException: Mail Error: Connection timed out

Thanks

Ashwini

Magnus Bäck

Oct 5, 2016, 2:30:07 AM10/5/16
to Ashwini T R, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 07:46 CEST,
This looks like a network issue that's unrelated to Gerrit. Are you
able to connect to the configured server with telnet?

--
Magnus Bäck | Software Engineer, Firmware Platform Tools
magnu...@axis.com | Axis Communications

Ashwini T R

Oct 5, 2016, 2:37:12 AM10/5/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, ashu.r...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes we do noticed network issue intermediate, but strange is mail are getting triggered when new reviewer is added. But when Code review is made or submitted the mail are not triggered:(:(.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Ashwini

Magnus Bäck

Oct 5, 2016, 2:55:18 AM10/5/16
to Ashwini T R, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 08:37 CEST,
Ashwini T R <ashu.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 12:00:07 PM UTC+5:30, Magnus Bäck
> wrote:
>
> > This looks like a network issue that's unrelated to Gerrit. Are you
> > able to connect to the configured server with telnet?
>
> Thanks for the reply, yes we do noticed network issue intermediate,
> but strange is mail are getting triggered when new reviewer is added.
> But when Code review is made or submitted the mail are not
> triggered:(:(.

Gerrit sends email in the same way regardless of what's causing
the email to get sent. I find it unlikely that intermittent
network connectivity problems have anything to do with Gerrit.

My standard advice is to run a local SMTP relay, either on the
same host as Gerrit or on the same local network, and have Gerrit
connect to that. It's a good idea to get the messages away from
Gerrit as soon as possible and use the independent relay for
queueing messages.