http-outgoing-206 [CLOSED] HTTP protocol exception errors in Gerrit

Rajesh M

Jan 3, 2017, 8:25:04 AM1/3/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

One of our Gerrit node performance is poor and flooded with "BufferException: Underflow" messages.

[2017-01-03 13:45:34,091] [httpclient-io:thread-6] ERROR org.apache.http.nio.protocol.HttpAsyncRequestExecutor : http-outgoing-206 [CLOSED] HTTP protocol exception: null
java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.ensureReadOpen(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.http.nio.reactor.ssl.SSLIOSession.receiveEncryptedData(SSLIOSession.java:340)
        at org.apache.http.nio.reactor.ssl.SSLIOSession.isAppInputReady(SSLIOSession.java:366)
        at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIODispatch.inputReady(AbstractIODispatch.java:118)
        at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.BaseIOReactor.validate(BaseIOReactor.java:220)
        at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractIOReactor.execute(AbstractIOReactor.java:284)
        at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.BaseIOReactor.execute(BaseIOReactor.java:106)
        at org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor$Worker.run(AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.java:604)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could you let me know the reason for the problem.

-Rajesh M

Luca Milanesio

Jan 3, 2017, 8:41:12 AM1/3/17
to Rajesh M, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Doesn't seem to be a Jetty stacktrace ... are you using an external Servlet Container?

Luca.

Rajesh M

Jan 3, 2017, 10:04:58 AM1/3/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, rajesh....@gmail.com
This error is occurring mostly related with commits which are having JIRA connectivity. Attached the error logs. This problem is occurring from 2.13.2 upgrade onwards, same was working perfectly in 2.12.x.

-Rajesh M
err_log.txt

Rajesh M

Jan 3, 2017, 10:35:34 AM1/3/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, rajesh....@gmail.com
More details:
- We have more than 2 JIRA instances in gerrit
- User enabled 4th JIRA node in the project
- Commits and push is happening perfectly, same is happening in JIRA end too (comment additions and actions)
- But the plugin is trying the issue ID in 1st JIRA instance too and capturing below errors. This is creating more than 1min delay in frontend to the users.

In Gerrit 2.12.x, we were using the multiple JIRA plugins "association" as "SUGGESTED", this didn't create any problems. But after upgrade to 2.13.x, same configuration didn't worked. It displayed wrong info in the frontend(info about connecting the multiple jira instance, though enabled only one). But, the comment addition and action process were working fine for the enabled JIRA instance. We have changed the association value to "OPTIONAL", this removed frontend wrong info, but in backend still connecting the multiple JIRA instances, which producing the delay in commit.

-Thanks

Luca Milanesio

Jan 3, 2017, 7:39:26 PM1/3/17
to Rajesh M, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Rajesh,
the multiple Jira instances support is a "non-feature": it isn't supported at all.

What you're doing is copying the plugin multiple times with different names and "pretending" they are different ITS-Jira plugins isn't it?
OMG(osh) !!!!

The problem of using workarounds like this is ... depending on where you are, they may work and may fail in the future.
You are (unfortunately) on the failing path :-(

I believe you need a proper multi-Jira support isn't it?

Luca.

Rajesh M

Jan 4, 2017, 1:53:44 AM1/4/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, rajesh....@gmail.com
Hi Luca,

Yes, this is a non-feature. As per the discussion in this forum https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/repo-discuss/y-rk0dV7gPg/hhqXFxJTCwAJ;context-place=msg/repo-discuss/YZnWq25piMs/oxSAmqQvtK0J, we got the info like, each ITS plugin needs unique name and match string. We have cooked the plugins with unique names and used. This didn't corrected the web UI comment link, but the functionalities were working fine in 2.12.x. But the same is not working in 2.13.x. :(

Yes, I need multi-jira feature. Could you please create a feature request for this multi-jira support ?

Thanks,
-Rajesh M

Luca Milanesio

Jan 4, 2017, 2:38:20 AM1/4/17
to Rajesh M, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Rajesh,
this is an OpenSource project, so you are more than welcome to provide the feature you need :-)

I have no plans to work on it, I am fully booked on the CI at the moment. However, if you or anybody else is willing to provide the feature, I would be more than happy to review it.
Alternatively you can engage with GerritForge to get the feature developed for your company.

Kind Regards.

Luca.