gerrit setup issue

Maneesh M P

Apr 16, 2014, 4:43:20 PM4/16/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

  I have installed gerrit on a server, it is up and running. I have created a repository also. I am able to clone the repository, but when i push  commit, i don't see any changes for review under gerrit dashboard.
Also if i go under project menu, it shows option to save but i feel once i save the changes, it should show me the dashboard with commits, it is not showing.

Can someone guide me?

Thanks,
gerrit.JPG

Matthias Sohn

Apr 16, 2014, 5:40:26 PM4/16/14
to Maneesh M P, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Maneesh M P <mane...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

  I have installed gerrit on a server, it is up and running. I have created a repository also. I am able to clone the repository, but when i push  commit, i don't see any changes for review under gerrit dashboard.

did you push for review ?

git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master

--
Matthias

Maneesh M P

Apr 16, 2014, 7:11:25 PM4/16/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Maneesh M P
Yes, I tried that too. But nothing is shown in the dashboard

 ~/gerrit/sample master $ git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master
Counting objects: 4, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 335 bytes, done.
Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Processing changes: new: 1, refs: 1, done
remote:
remote: New Changes:
remote:
 * [new branch]      HEAD -> refs/for/master

Thanks,
Maneesh

Yanis Guenane

Apr 16, 2014, 8:34:29 PM4/16/14
to Maneesh M P, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Did you use git-review ? (http://linux.die.net/man/1/git-review)

You need to first create the .gitreview at the root of your project and then once commit, simply run git review.

Hope it helps,

--
Yanis Guenane

Yanis Guenane

Maneesh

Apr 17, 2014, 12:44:16 PM4/17/14
to Yanis Guenane, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Ok, i got that working now. My gerrit is showing the commits,

Few things I have not figured out still, could you help me?

1. Where to place gerrit hook, so that it automatically updates gitolite.
2. Which hook to use ? ref-update ? can you help me with the script?  or is the script just containing git push command/
3. Also about managing the branches, if I have a release/2.0 branch in my gitolite git repository, how do i handle the same with gerrit ?
4. Suppose, I already have a  repository called  "devil.git" which i manage through gitolite in git server
    so, should i create the directory "devil.git" using gerrit as well? or shall i clone the repository to gerrit server from gitolite server?
        => login to gerrit server
       => cd ./home/gerrit/review_site/git/
       => git clone g...@gitolite.abc.com:devil.git
      => restart gerrit server
--
 Regards
 Maneesh

Magnus Bäck

Apr 23, 2014, 1:49:04 AM4/23/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 18:44 CEST,
Maneesh <mane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, i got that working now. My gerrit is showing the commits,
> Few things I have not figured out still, could you help me?
> 1. Where to place gerrit hook, so that it automatically updates
> gitolite.
> 2. Which hook to use ? ref-update ? can you help me with the script?
> Â or is the script just containing git push command/

You want to push all changes to another repository managed by Gitolite?
That's fine, as long as nobody else will be making changes on the same
branches in the Gitolite-managed repository. Use Gerrit's replication
feature for this. It's available as a plugin.

> 3. Also about managing the branches, if I have a release/2.0 branch
> in my gitolite git repository, how do i handle the same with gerrit
> ?

What do you mean? Gerrit obviously supports branches so you can create
your release branches in Gerrit as you please.

> 4. Suppose, I already have a  repository called  "devil.git" which i
> manage through gitolite in git server
> Â Â so, should i create the directory "devil.git" using gerrit as
> well? or shall i clone the repository to gerrit server from gitolite
> server?Â
> Â Â Â Â => login to gerrit server
> Â Â Â Â => cd ./home/gerrit/review_site/git/
> Â Â Â Â => git clone g...@gitolite.abc.com:devil.gitÂ
> Â Â Â => restart gerrit server

You'd have to clone with --bare, but yes, this is fine. Instead of
restarting Gerrit you can clear the project cache with the flush-caches
SSH command.

I have a feeling you're attempting to use Gitolite and Gerrit at the
same time, and that requires great care. I suggest you clue us in on
the big picture of what you're trying to do instead of asking detailed
questions about small steps that might not be what you really want to
do.

--
Magnus Bäck | Software Engineer, Development Tools
magnu...@sonymobile.com | Sony Mobile Communications