repo v1.12.35 released

Dan Willemsen

Sep 21, 2016, 7:56:43 PM9/21/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
A new version of repo (v1.12.35) has been released.  You may let your client update itself eventually on a sync or you can run 'repo selfupdate'.  There is no corresponding launcher change.

Aymen Bouaziz (1):
      2598ed0 Fix submodule checkout error when using sync-s option

Dan Willemsen (1):
      4350791 On project cleanup, don't remove nested projects

David Pursehouse (2):
      7a77c16 Update mailmap
      bb5b1a0 Replace pylint with pyflakes/flake8

Gabe Black (1):
      2ff3029 When syncing a project with a shared object store, disable automatic pruning.

Mike Frysinger (2):
      163a3be upload: short circuit when nothing is pending
      e443365 repo: add comment for updating maintainer keys

Steve Rae (1):
      d648045 implement optional 'pushurl' in the manifest file

Timo Lotterbach (2):
      05dc46b Repo: improve error detection for new ssh connections
      488bf09 Repo: fall back to http, if ssh connection fails for http repos

Vadim Bendebury (1):
      e5c0ea0 Consider local project to be default for 'repo start'

Please respond here if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
Dan

SeongUk Baek

Sep 21, 2016, 10:39:32 PM9/21/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
After repo update, I got error when I run "repo upload" like below.

Username for 'http://xx.xxx.xxx:8111':
Password for 'http://xx.xxx.xxx:8111':
remote: Unauthorized

Can you someone please help me out on how to resolve this issues.

Dan Willemsen

Sep 21, 2016, 11:09:58 PM9/21/16
to SeongUk Baek, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
If you were expecting an ssh connection, it could be related to https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/80226 or https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/80233, but those changes seem rather safe. You can go into .repo/repo and revert those two changes temporarily in order to test:

  (cd .repo/repo; git revert 05dc46b0e3c008f9f83a576e59c74fd17735dfa9)
  (cd .repo/repo; git revert 488bf092d5992bd1b8f8681c444f2cc283d05bcb)
  <test repo upload>
  # Revert to upstream
  (cd .repo/repo; git reset --hard origin/stable)

Just making sure, this is 'repo upload', not 'git push' or some other wrapper around git push, correct? We did make a change around changing the remote's pushUrl, and if you had previously set up a custom one, it could be cleared. But that's not used with 'repo upload'. It's this change: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/83694

- Dan

Kenny Ho

Sep 22, 2016, 12:08:35 PM9/22/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, baeks...@gmail.com
I received a report that repo is trying to upload via http when the project was initially checked out via ssh.  I will ask them to try the revert and see if this was the cause.

Kenny Ho

Sep 22, 2016, 12:18:56 PM9/22/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, baeks...@gmail.com
User were able to upload again after the revert.

Kenny Ho

Sep 22, 2016, 12:35:00 PM9/22/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, baeks...@gmail.com
More information about the environment.  Running in Windows via cygwin.

Dan Willemsen

Sep 22, 2016, 12:47:26 PM9/22/16
to Kenny Ho, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, baeks...@gmail.com
I've released repo v1.12.36 that just reverts the ssh fallback change. Let me know if there are any further problems.

Thanks,
Dan

Kenny Ho

Sep 22, 2016, 2:19:25 PM9/22/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, y2k...@gmail.com, baeks...@gmail.com
Hi I am trying to help debug this but I am not familiar with the repo script dev flow.  is git_config.py compiled into repo or something?  I tried modifying it but the change doesn't seem to be taking (on the other hand, if I modify stuff in subcmds, the change seems to be changed as expected.)

Regards,
Kenny

Kenny Ho

Sep 22, 2016, 3:45:48 PM9/22/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, y2k...@gmail.com, baeks...@gmail.com
Nevermind, the change did take.  I got tunnel visioned.

The problem is _open_ssh in git_config.py.  Change 80226 will cause HTTP fall back to trigger always for cygwin users:

....or sys.platform in ('win32', 'cygwin'):
      # failed earlier, or cygwin ssh can't do this
      #
      return False

Kenny