gerrit lfs in master-slave environment?

Makson Lee

Sep 26, 2016, 11:01:19 AM9/26/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
so using fs as lfs backend would store large objects outside git repositories on server, and it wouldn't be replicated to slaves by replication plugin, right?

any suggestion of using lfs in master-slave environment? or the the only way is to use s3?

Saša Živkov

Sep 27, 2016, 6:10:09 AM9/27/16
to Makson Lee, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Makson Lee <cdle...@gmail.com> wrote:
so using fs as lfs backend would store large objects outside git repositories on server, and it wouldn't be replicated to slaves by replication plugin, right?

The large object pointer is versioned in Git and will be replicated.
The large object itself will not be replicated.

any suggestion of using lfs in master-slave environment?

Make sure that your slave uses the same lfs storage as the master :-)
For s3 storage this is easy.

If it is an fs storage type then this could be achieved by, for example, using NFS and mounting the same
file system on both master and slave(s). I haven't tested this scenario.

or the the only way is to use s3?

Makson Lee

Sep 27, 2016, 8:16:29 AM9/27/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, cdle...@gmail.com

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 6:10:09 PM UTC+8, zivkov wrote:
The large object pointer is versioned in Git and will be replicated.
The large object itself will not be replicated.

so i am wondering if there is something [1] like replication plugin which we can use to replication lfs data.

If it is an fs storage type then this could be achieved by, for example, using NFS and mounting the same
file system on both master and slave(s). I haven't tested this scenario.

the network connection between master and slaves is poor, using a shared NFS mounted storage is not possible in this case.