Help moving Gerrit to a new server

Eric Gurevitz

Jul 31, 2017, 2:48:56 AM7/31/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi All,

I need to move Gerrit from Ubuntu 12 to Ubuntu 16 server. I am using MYSQL for the database. I copied the repos and imported the database to the new server. Only search is not working. When I login to the old server I am presented with a search of status:open.  This does not work on the new server and if I try any searches on the new server, no data is returned. What am I missing? Can someone please help.

Eric Gurevitz

Jonathan Nieder

Jul 31, 2017, 2:52:34 AM7/31/17
to Eric Gurevitz, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
What version of Gerrit are you using? Does an offline reindex (java -jar gerrit.war reindex -d site_path) help?

Eric Gurevitz

Aug 3, 2017, 8:32:46 AM8/3/17
to Jonathan Nieder, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Jonathan,

We are running 2.12.2. Once on the new box, I will upgrade. The offline reindex worked perfectly. Thank you.

Eric