Fwd: Jenkins User Conference 2015 - Save the Date

Luca Milanesio

Mar 3, 2015, 5:37:35 AM3/3/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi all,
as we haven’t decided yet the date for Gerrit User Summit 2015 *and* some of the people using Gerrit are likely to use Jenkins as well …. shall we book something adjacent to Sept 3-4 ?

Moreover Santa Clara is not far from Mountain View.

Luca.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 3 March 2015 07:54:50 GMT
Subject: Jenkins User Conference 2015 - Save the Date
From: Alyssa Tong <alyt...@gmail.com>

Hi All,

Just a couple of announcements for JUC 2015. Planning is well underway and we've made some big changes - JUC will be a 2 days with event this year:

1) SAVE THE DATE:

2) We are still in the CFP process, however the deadline is approaching quickly..March 8 is the deadline for JUC Washington DC and London.

3) Not submitting a talk? but know of someone who's an amazing speaker? Let us know who and we'll personally reach out to that person. Just reply to this email.

4) Other ways to support the Jenkins community is by being a JUC sponsor. Last year's sponsorship opportunities got snatched up really fast..don't miss out!

Thanks!

alyssa

lucamilanesio

Patrick Renaud

Luca Milanesio

Mar 10, 2015, 6:33:03 PM3/10/15
to Patrick Renaud, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
+1 :-) Anyone else interested?

Luca.

lucamilanesio

Apr 29, 2015, 4:30:02 AM4/29/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, pren...@gmail.com
ping gerrit-usersummit.googlesource.com ...
no reply

Are we going to meet this year as Gerrit User Community?
Is Google interested (or willing) to host us again @Mountain View?
If not, is any other company interested in hosting us?

Summer is approaching and most of us need to make our planning for the rest of the year :-)

Feedback is more than welcome.

Luca.

---

Dave Borowitz

Apr 29, 2015, 10:39:24 PM4/29/15
to lucamilanesio, repo-discuss, Patrick Renaud
We would like to get together with developers but we can't promise at this point we'll have the resources for a full user summit. A smaller hackathon is certainly a possibility. Sorry I can't give anything more definite yet.

---

Luca Milanesio

Apr 30, 2015, 2:12:44 AM4/30/15
to Dave Borowitz, repo-discuss, Patrick Renaud
Hi Dave,
that would be great, an Hackathon is definitely useful to meet as well the new contributors that have recently pushed a lot of cool contributions.
Can Google host this as usual at Mountain View?

What about other venues for the User Summit?

@Patrick do you think your colleagues at San Jose could provide the venue and catering?

I know ServiceNow as well is close to Mountain View, maybe they have meeting room for two days.

Luca

Sent from my iPhone

David Ostrovsky

Apr 30, 2015, 4:20:55 AM4/30/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, luca.mi...@gmail.com, Gustaf Lundh, pren...@gmail.com, David Pursehouse (Sony Mobile), Deniz Türkoglu

Am Donnerstag, 30. April 2015 04:39:24 UTC+2 schrieb Dave Borowitz:
We would like to get together with developers but we can't promise at this point we'll have the resources for a full user summit. A smaller hackathon is certainly a possibility.

By smaller hackathon you mean 2 days in MV? Is it worth the efforts to fly around the world
to hack a couple of hours?

During last hackathon we discussed 5 days developer meeting in Tokyo or Lund/Stockholm.

@David, @Gustaf, @Deniz
Is your generous invitation to host us for 5 days (for developer event only) this year still valid?

Luca Milanesio

Apr 30, 2015, 4:24:34 AM4/30/15
to repo-discuss, Gustaf Lundh, David Ostrovsky, Patrick Renaud, David Pursehouse (Sony Mobile), Deniz Türkoglu
If we could my preference would be to stick to a single location for:
- Jenkins User Conference (dates already nailed down)
- Gerrit User Conference (TBC)
- Gerrit Hackathon

This would help me out to justify the business expenses for travelling to the West Coast and being there would facilitate to have Shawn on board with us.
(for personal family needs)

Shall we book for 3-4 days Hackathon?

Luca.

Lundh, Gustaf

May 4, 2015, 3:30:04 AM5/4/15
to David Ostrovsky, repo-d...@googlegroups.com, luca.mi...@gmail.com, pren...@gmail.com, Pursehouse, David (Sony Mobile), Deniz Türkoglu

From a Lund (Sweden) perspective, the chances we can host a Hackathon this year looks very slim.

@David?

Best regards

Gustaf

David Pursehouse

May 6, 2015, 10:10:54 PM5/6/15
to Lundh, Gustaf, David Ostrovsky, repo-d...@googlegroups.com, luca.mi...@gmail.com, pren...@gmail.com, Deniz Türkoglu
On 05/04/2015 04:29 PM, Lundh, Gustaf wrote:
> From a Lund (Sweden) perspective, the chances we can host a Hackathon
> this year looks very slim.
>
> @David?

Unfortunately it looks like we will also not be able to host anything in
Tokyo :(

> Best regards
>
> Gustaf

Shawn Pearce

May 6, 2015, 10:39:50 PM5/6/15
to David Pursehouse, Lundh, Gustaf, David Ostrovsky, repo-d...@googlegroups.com, luca.mi...@gmail.com, pren...@gmail.com, Deniz Türkoglu
On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM, David Pursehouse <david.pu...@sonymobile.com> wrote:
On 05/04/2015 04:29 PM, Lundh, Gustaf wrote:
 From a Lund (Sweden) perspective, the chances we can host a Hackathon
this year looks very slim.

@David?

Unfortunately it looks like we will also not be able to host anything in Tokyo :(

Google is thinking about hosting a Gerrit User Summit in November.

Unfortunately I don't have anything more concrete right now.

Luca Milanesio

May 7, 2015, 2:04:57 AM5/7/15
to Shawn Pearce, David Pursehouse, Lundh, Gustaf, David Ostrovsky, repo-d...@googlegroups.com, pren...@gmail.com, Deniz Türkoglu
Hi Shawn,
Great News and thanks for sharing it.

I assume we will then do Hackathon attached to the Conference as usual.

With regards to the Jenkins User Conference, we could organise a meet-up in the Bay before or after the conference: who is planning to attend?

Luca

Sent from my iPhone