ChangeScreen "Project search" link goes to dashboard

Phil Hord

Apr 13, 2014, 4:55:27 PM4/13/14
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, David Pursehouse
I had a long rant here about the "Project search" link being stupid
and inconsistent, but I see it is mostly fixed now in
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/55792/ Thanks for that!

But this change from 2012 still hinders the consistency:
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/39495/
"Link project search icon in project list to default dashboard"

That change makes the ChangeScreen project link work in a different
way than all the other links. Even the "All changes" screen's Project
links do not link to the dashboards; they link to a search page
instead.

The inconsistency leads me to think that the _only_ changes in a
project are the _recent_ changes, or whatever happens to show up in
the default dashboard.

For example:

On this changescreen:
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/48194/7

If I click the spyglass icon, I am brought to this screen with one
change listed (today):
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/projects/plugins/multi-master,dashboards/default

But I expected to see this one instead, with 6 changes:
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/q/status:open+project:plugins/multi-master

I'm worried that fixing this will further hide dashboards, but the
inconsistency is troubling. Maybe a "dashboard" icon?