After click one change,viewing the changes's detail stuck

fengj...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2016, 2:04:46 AM9/8/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I'm using Gerrit V2.12.2,and I faced the following question.

Sometimes,when I click one open or merged change to view the detail,the WebUI stuck,shows 'Working' for about 2mins.Not only me,but all users this peroid of time.
Bypass this time,everything works fine and viewing the detail can be very fast.

How can I debug this phenomenon?Thanks in advance!

Matthias Sohn

Sep 8, 2016, 2:53:22 AM9/8/16
to fengj...@gmail.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
create thread dumps while the UI is hanging. I'd also check cache hit ratios [1].
Are you running gc regularly ?

Sven Selberg

Sep 9, 2016, 6:01:12 AM9/9/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, fengj...@gmail.com
Check server load/memory usage/... at time when it hanged.
Check syslog, gerrit error_log, gerrit sshd_log, access log, etc.  to see if you can find something that stands out during the 2 minutes it hanged.

Those should hopefully give you some clue.
And like Matthias said, check for any job(s) started at that times (gc, ...) on the server.

/Sven