Any blockers left for 2.9?

Martin Fick

Jun 24, 2014, 6:57:22 PM6/24/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
I would like to release 2.9 tomorrow, any blockers left that
really should get in?

-Martin

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

Martin Fick

Jun 24, 2014, 7:14:47 PM6/24/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 04:57:16 PM Martin Fick wrote:
> I would like to release 2.9 tomorrow, any blockers left
> that really should get in?

These are way out of date I think?

http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/list?q=label:Blocking-2.9

David Pursehouse

Jun 24, 2014, 9:08:18 PM6/24/14
to Martin Fick, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On 06/25/2014 07:57 AM, Martin Fick wrote:
> I would like to release 2.9 tomorrow, any blockers left that
> really should get in?

The database corruption fix [1] was uploaded on stable-2.8 and I had
hoped it would get merged up into stable-2.9 before the final release.

Do we want to get this in? The review seems to have stalled.

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/57825/

David Ostrovsky

Jun 25, 2014, 2:39:27 AM6/25/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, mf...@codeaurora.org

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2014 03:08:18 UTC+2 schrieb David Pursehouse:
On 06/25/2014 07:57 AM, Martin Fick wrote:
> I would like to release 2.9 tomorrow, any blockers left that
> really should get in?

The database corruption fix [1] was uploaded on stable-2.8 and I had
hoped it would get merged up into stable-2.9 before the final release.

Do we want to get this in?

Well, that's kind of optional now. What we definitely want to have in is gwtorm
transaction support for Jdbc dialects [2]. It was approved by Dave already.
With [2] in place, we don't care much about  [1] anymore as we are able to
recover.

Neil Leathers

Jun 25, 2014, 7:16:38 AM6/25/14
to David Ostrovsky, repo-d...@googlegroups.com, mf...@codeaurora.org
> > The database corruption fix [1] was uploaded on stable-2.8 and I had
> > hoped it would get merged up into stable-2.9 before the final release.
> Well, that's kind of optional now.

I would think that the known issues of database corruption should be fixed before releasing.

The mentioned [1] (ChangeMergeQueue: Fix race condition) did get merged. Also, [3] (Executing CherryPick.writeCherryPickCommit() in a transaction.) was mentioned as necessary for fixing Cherry-Pick merges on June 14th. Finally the gwtorm [2] fix. Checking the topic [4] these seem to be the three patches.

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/57825/
[2] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/57851
[3] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/57860/
[4] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/q/topic:database-corruption

For reference the message on June 14th with subject "Re: Database corruption: collision between multiple background and manual triggered jobs" had the statement:

> So the fix for all database curruption problems [1], [2], [3], [4] is the
> combination of: [5] and [6].
>
> [1] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2034
> [2] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2246
> [3] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2383
> [4] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2702
> [5] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/57860
> [6] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/57851

Neil Leathers

David Pursehouse

Jun 25, 2014, 8:05:52 AM6/25/14
to Neil Leathers, David Ostrovsky, repo-discuss, Martin Fick
On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Neil Leathers <neil.r....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The database corruption fix [1] was uploaded on stable-2.8 and I had
> > hoped it would get merged up into stable-2.9 before the final release.
> Well, that's kind of optional now.

I would think that the known issues of database corruption should be fixed before releasing.

The mentioned [1] (ChangeMergeQueue: Fix race condition) did get merged. Also, [3] (Executing CherryPick.writeCherryPickCommit() in a transaction.) was mentioned as necessary for fixing Cherry-Pick merges on June 14th. Finally the gwtorm [2] fix. Checking the topic [4] these seem to be the three patches.

[3] is also now submitted on stable-2.8, and stable-2.8 is merged up to stable-2.9.

That only leaves the gwtorm fix [2] remaining.

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/57825/
[2] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/57851
[3] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/57860/
[4] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/q/topic:database-corruption

For reference the message on June 14th with subject "Re: Database corruption: collision between multiple background and manual triggered jobs" had the statement:

> So the fix for all database curruption problems [1], [2], [3], [4] is the
> combination of: [5] and [6].
>
> [1] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2034
> [2] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2246
> [3] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2383
> [4] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2702
> [5] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/57860
> [6] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/57851

Neil Leathers

Vlad Canţîru

Jun 26, 2014, 12:33:05 PM6/26/14
to David Pursehouse, Neil Leathers, David Ostrovsky, repo-discuss, Martin Fick
Would be great to get the gtworm fixed in 2.9 as this affects us periodically.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Cantiru

David Ostrovsky

Jul 3, 2014, 4:39:09 PM7/3/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, David Pursehouse (Sony Mobile), Sasa Zivkov

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2014 00:57:22 UTC+2 schrieb MartinFick:
I would like to release 2.9 tomorrow, any blockers left that
really should get in?

We are testing all Jdbc dialects for upcoming 2.8.6.1 release, and
it seems like this change [1] broke Oracle. See [2] for more details.
Note: i don't care much about this dialect, but may be others do.

David Ostrovsky

Matthew Webber

Jul 4, 2014, 1:04:06 PM7/4/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
I only just opened ticket 2757 - not technically a blocker, but is required to get the new feature GitHub OAuth authentication working through a proxy (which must be a fairly common requirement).

I'm not sure whether it was decided whether this new feature (GitHub OAuth authentication) needed to be in 2.9, but I was argue that there's a pressing need to it, since Google fairly recently removed support for new users of OpenID. This has caught out a few people who started using Gerrit since the Google change.

Thanks
Matthew

Edwin Kempin

Jul 10, 2014, 3:11:58 AM7/10/14
to Matthew Webber, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I believe all blockers for 2.9 have been addressed and at the moment there are no pending changes for stable-2.9 that look important.
Can we move on with the 2.9 final release?

Luca Milanesio

Jul 10, 2014, 3:37:41 AM7/10/14
to Edwin Kempin, Matthew Webber, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Edwin,
I found a couple of days ago that JavaScript plugins are completely broken :-(

Just try to drop a .js file onto $GERRIT_SITE/plugins and Gerrit GUI wouldn't load.

See my fix at:

Think this is a serious bug to fix.

Luca.

Edwin Kempin

Jul 10, 2014, 3:40:03 AM7/10/14
to Luca Milanesio, Matthew Webber, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Edwin,
I found a couple of days ago that JavaScript plugins are completely broken :-(

Just try to drop a .js file onto $GERRIT_SITE/plugins and Gerrit GUI wouldn't load.

See my fix at:

Think this is a serious bug to fix.
Can you push the fix to stable-2.9?

David Pursehouse

Jul 10, 2014, 3:41:18 AM7/10/14
to Edwin Kempin, Luca Milanesio, Matthew Webber, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On 07/10/2014 04:39 PM, Edwin Kempin wrote:

> <mailto:luca.mi...@gmail.com>>:
>
> Hi Edwin,
> I found a couple of days ago that JavaScript plugins are completely
> broken :-(
>
> Just try to drop a .js file onto $GERRIT_SITE/plugins and Gerrit GUI
> wouldn't load.
>
> See my fix at:
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/58335/
>
> Think this is a serious bug to fix.
>
> Can you push the fix to stable-2.9?

I already cherry-picked Luca's change.

https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/58420/

Luca Milanesio

Jul 10, 2014, 3:51:35 AM7/10/14
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Matthew Webber, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Building now to put my Verified+1 on it :-)

Luca.

Edwin Kempin

Jul 10, 2014, 9:08:55 AM7/10/14
to Luca Milanesio, David Pursehouse, Matthew Webber, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
OK, this one is done. Anything left that prevents 2.9 final?

David Ostrovsky

Jul 10, 2014, 10:01:35 AM7/10/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Nope.

Mark Derricutt

Jul 10, 2014, 6:19:26 PM7/10/14
On 11 Jul 2014, at 2:01, David Ostrovsky wrote:

> OK, this one is done. Anything left that prevents 2.9 final?
>
> Nope.

+100 on a release :)

After listening to the Luca's interview I'm more eager to see this out,
and check out the combined diff view for a series of reviews he was
mentioning.

Mark