Granting permissions against a specific branch?

Andrew Grimberg

Aug 9, 2016, 3:34:46 PM8/9/16
to Gerrit Code Review
Greetings folks,

I've have need to grant a subset of users the ability to do code merges
as well as vote +2 and submit but only on a specific branch.

My understanding was that I needed to make sure that the user had rights
similar to the following:

[access "refs/for/refs/heads/$BRANCHNAME/*"]
pushMerge = group $GROUP
label-Code-Review = -2..+2 group $GROUP
submit = group $GROUP

I've tried that as well as the following ref

refs/heads/$BRANCHNAME/*

In neither case do I seem to have the needed rights.

Is there some magic that I'm failing to grok? We've got basic push
rights for all users against refs/for/refs/* so I don't see that as the
problem.

Gerrit version 2.12.3 if it matters.

-Andy-

signature.asc

Andrew Grimberg

Aug 9, 2016, 4:03:12 PM8/9/16
to Gerrit Code Review
Ah... figured it out myself.

--[cut]--
[access "refs/for/refs/heads/$BRANCHNAME"]
pushMerge = group $GROUP

[access "refs/heads/$BRANCHNAME"]
label-code-Review = -2..+2 group $GROUP
submit = group $GROUP

I was messing myself up by adding the /* at the end of refs!

-Andy-
signature.asc