Gerrit Meet-Up proposal in San Francisco - Aug 2017

lucamilanesio

Aug 17, 2017, 9:13:29 AM8/17/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Community,
I will be attending, presenting and showcasing Gerrit Code Review at the next forthcoming Jenkins World Conference in San Francisco, from 28th to 31st of August.

I have designed a brand-new Gerrit Code Review sticker and printed 200 of them: if you want one, two, or a bunch of them for your team-mates, feel free to show up and say hello :-)

See below:

For those who are not attending the event, why don't we hang out somewhere in San Francisco one day between the 28th and 31st?
I know some of the PolyGerrit guys are based in San Francisco, it 'd be good to catch-up so that we can share some ideas on Gerrit or just having a beer together.

We have printed some "Gerrit best practices" on T-Shirts as well, see below the two samples:

Again, if you want one of them, feel free to show up, or if we see each other in the evening, I can bring them over to you. Just let me know your desired size.

If you are curious on what I am presenting:

  1. - Data-Driven Continuous Delivery Pipeline, with Gerrit, Jenkins, and Docker: (https://jenkinsworld20162017.sched.com/event/APTd/data-driven-pipeline-workshop-free)
  2. - Case-Study of using Jenkins with Gerrit Continuous Integration: (https://jenkinsworld20162017.sched.com/event/ALQf/jenkins-forever-never-delete-anything-and-keep-optimal-speed)
  3. - Case-Study of optimizing a Continuous Delivery Pipeline at YNAP: (https://jenkinsworld20162017.sched.com/event/ALMx/jenkins-pipeline-on-your-local-box-to-reduce-cycle-time)

Hope to see you in San Francisco, and we can get a night out or a meetup organized :-)

Luca.

Becky Siegel

Aug 17, 2017, 2:49:55 PM8/17/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Would love to see you when you're here! I'm the 29th or 30th would work best for me.

Becky

Luca Milanesio

Aug 18, 2017, 3:20:57 AM8/18/17
to Becky Siegel, Marciano...@arris.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Becky, Marciano,
I would be happy to catch-up with you guys in SFO: the 29th would be perfect for me, @Marciano: would that work for you as well?

@Becky as you are local, which place would do you recommend for a dinner + drinks? Shall we allow up to 5 to 10 seats? (we are 3 at the moment, but I'm sure other people will join :-) )

See you soon in San Francisco !

Luca.

Luca Milanesio

Aug 19, 2017, 2:54:59 AM8/19/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Becky Siegel, Pitargue, Marciano
Is there anyone else interested?

@Becky: could you recommend a good location in SFO?

Luca.

On 18 Aug 2017, at 23:14, Pitargue, Marciano <Marciano...@arris.com> wrote:

Hi Luca,
The 29th will work for me.  J

Marciano

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 6:13:29 AM UTC-7, lucamilanesio wrote:
[...]

Curt Patrick

Aug 21, 2017, 2:51:16 AM8/21/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, becky...@google.com, Marciano...@arris.com
I would like to join you guys on the 29th (even though it means missing Frisbee that night :-) )  Just let me know when you settle on a location, please.

Curt
Hi Becky, Marciano,

Luca Milanesio

Aug 21, 2017, 3:34:52 AM8/21/17
to Curt Patrick, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, becky...@google.com, Marciano...@arris.com
Hey Curt,
it will be great to catch-up, I believe there will be Cesare as well with us.

Will let the list know as soon as we decide the location.

Luca.

Becky Siegel

Aug 21, 2017, 2:04:08 PM8/21/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, michaelcur...@gmail.com, becky...@google.com, Marciano...@arris.com, Logan Hanks, Kasper Nilsson, Wyatt Allen
Hi Luca,

What are you thinking as far as timing goes? Not sure what the schedule is like of your conference. Are you going to be staying near where the conference is? You are (all) welcome to come by our office (345 Spear street) during the day if you'd like, though it's ~1.25 miles away (20 min walk, 3 stops on underground muni, or an uber ride) from where the conference is.  If we want to do dinner somewhere, once I get a final head count I can look for a reservation in a convenient location.

Becky

Luca Milanesio

Aug 22, 2017, 3:18:07 AM8/22/17
to Becky Siegel, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Curt Patrick, Marciano...@arris.com, Logan Hanks, Kasper Nilsson, Wyatt Allen, fabio.p...@gmail.com, Cesare San Martino
Hi Becky,
that sounds like a plan, approved :-)

Shall we say then:
Aug 29th, 5:00 PM PDT, Google Reception, 345 Spear street, SFO.

At the moment we should be 6:
1. Becky Siegel
2. Cesare San Martino
3. Curt Patrick
4. Fabio Ponciroli
5. Luca Milanesio
6. Marciano Pitargue

and as Logan, Kasper and Wyatt are in CC ... I'm assuming they are joining as well, isn't it? ;-)

Luca.

Logan Hanks

Aug 22, 2017, 1:57:33 PM8/22/17
to Luca Milanesio, Becky Siegel, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Curt Patrick, Marciano...@arris.com, Kasper Nilsson, Wyatt Allen, fabio.p...@gmail.com, Cesare San Martino
I'm interested in joining. Kasper is out of the office this week, we may not hear from him until the last minute.

The Google office here doesn't do dinner, maybe it's reasonable as a meeting point but I'm thinking we should decide on a dinner venue first.

If you like pizza, Zero Zero is not far from the Marriott, though maybe a little on the pricey side.

Hi Becky, Marciano,

lucamilanesio

Aug 26, 2017, 4:00:28 PM8/26/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, luca.mi...@gmail.com, becky...@google.com, michaelcur...@gmail.com, Marciano...@arris.com, kas...@google.com, wya...@google.com, fabio.p...@gmail.com, cesare.s...@gmail.com
Hi Logan,
se we should be in theory 8 people, assuming Kasper would join.

Let's meet then around 5:00 PM at Google and we can head to a place for dinner (6 PM).
Can you or Becky book a table for 8 people?

Thank you in advance, I'm already in San Francisco, recovering from JetLag and preparing my workshop/talks for the Jenkins World 2017

Luca.

More info at http://groups.google.com/group/repo-discuss?hl=en

---

Becky Siegel

Aug 26, 2017, 6:37:37 PM8/26/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, lucamilanesio, Marciano...@arris.com, cesare.s...@gmail.com, fabio.p...@gmail.com, kas...@google.com, michaelcur...@gmail.com, wya...@google.com
We made a reservation at zero zero for 5:30. It's probably easier to just meet over there that for you to trek over to the office.

Becky

Hi Becky, Marciano,

Luca Milanesio

Aug 26, 2017, 6:52:30 PM8/26/17
to Becky Siegel, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Marciano...@arris.com, cesare.s...@gmail.com, fabio.p...@gmail.com, kas...@google.com, michaelcur...@gmail.com, wya...@google.com
Great, sounds good to me. The location should be this one right?

Aug 29th, 5:00 PM

See you all there, it's going to be great to catch-up again :-)

Luca.