Gerrit User Summit 2016 - any news for this year?

lucamilanesio

May 4, 2016, 3:59:46 PM5/4/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Gerrit Community :-)
Is there anyone planning for the Gerrit User Summit 2016 ? We already had one hackathon in Berlin and one more is scheduled @SAP in Germany, it would be nice to start planning something for the Gerrit Community as well :-)

Anyone has availability and proposals for dates / venues?

Luca.

lucamilanesio

May 24, 2016, 6:39:26 PM5/24/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
ping ... anyone interested in a User Summit this year?

Patrick Renaud

Jun 2, 2016, 2:19:09 PM6/2/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Not getting much traction it seems... :-(

Shawn Pearce

Jun 2, 2016, 2:50:26 PM6/2/16
to Patrick Renaud, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Sorry, I'm trying to get an answer internally. Some org changes happened near the start of 2016 that changed budgets a bit, and I'm trying to get confirmation we can run this event.

Gaurav Negi

Jun 2, 2016, 4:48:46 PM6/2/16
to Shawn Pearce, Patrick Renaud, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Please keep us posted.
I attended the one last year in Mountain View California.

Thanks
-Gaurav
Sent from my iPhone

Shawn Pearce

Jun 2, 2016, 6:41:55 PM6/2/16
to lucamilanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Don't book travel yet but ...

What about Google Mountain View,  week of Nov 14th?

(I say don't book travel yet because I don't yet have specific dates within that week!)

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2016, 4:10:15 PM6/3/16
to Shawn Pearce, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Sounds good :-) +1

Luca

Sent from my iPhone

Gaurav Negi

Jun 3, 2016, 4:12:10 PM6/3/16
to luca.mi...@gmail.com, Shawn Pearce, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Awesome :)
Looking forward to meet all you amazing folks once again.

Sent from my iPhone

Edwin Kempin

Jun 6, 2016, 1:56:37 AM6/6/16
to Shawn Pearce, lucamilanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 12:41 AM, 'Shawn Pearce' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM, lucamilanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gerrit Community :-)
Is there anyone planning for the Gerrit User Summit 2016 ? We already had one hackathon in Berlin and one more is scheduled @SAP in Germany, it would be nice to start planning something for the Gerrit Community as well :-)

Anyone has availability and proposals for dates / venues?

Don't book travel yet but ...

What about Google Mountain View,  week of Nov 14th?
This date sounds good to me :-)

(I say don't book travel yet because I don't yet have specific dates within that week!)

Dave Borowitz

Jun 6, 2016, 11:11:02 AM6/6/16
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:41 PM, 'Shawn Pearce' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM, lucamilanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gerrit Community :-)
Is there anyone planning for the Gerrit User Summit 2016 ? We already had one hackathon in Berlin and one more is scheduled @SAP in Germany, it would be nice to start planning something for the Gerrit Community as well :-)

Anyone has availability and proposals for dates / venues?

Don't book travel yet but ...

What about Google Mountain View,  week of Nov 14th?

Do you mean we're planning to hold the user summit during the week this year? As opposed to the past couple years, which have been user summit on the weekend followed by a hackathon during the week.

(I say don't book travel yet because I don't yet have specific dates within that week!)

Shawn Pearce

Jun 6, 2016, 11:37:52 AM6/6/16
to Dave Borowitz, lucamilanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Dave Borowitz <dbor...@google.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:41 PM, 'Shawn Pearce' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM, lucamilanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gerrit Community :-)
Is there anyone planning for the Gerrit User Summit 2016 ? We already had one hackathon in Berlin and one more is scheduled @SAP in Germany, it would be nice to start planning something for the Gerrit Community as well :-)

Anyone has availability and proposals for dates / venues?

Don't book travel yet but ...

What about Google Mountain View,  week of Nov 14th?

Do you mean we're planning to hold the user summit during the week this year? As opposed to the past couple years, which have been user summit on the weekend followed by a hackathon during the week.

Hmm. The week after is US Thanksgiving so we can't do the usual weekend (e.g. Nov 19th) user summit followed by a week of hacking. Might have to do user summit on Monday the 14th?  But suitable space can be very hard to get on a work day. We are still trying to get a specific date, but we are thinking around that week-ish.

Nasser Grainawi

Jun 6, 2016, 3:21:05 PM6/6/16
to Shawn Pearce, Dave Borowitz, lucamilanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Jun 6, 2016, at 9:37 AM, 'Shawn Pearce' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Dave Borowitz <dbor...@google.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:41 PM, 'Shawn Pearce' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM, lucamilanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gerrit Community :-)
Is there anyone planning for the Gerrit User Summit 2016 ? We already had one hackathon in Berlin and one more is scheduled @SAP in Germany, it would be nice to start planning something for the Gerrit Community as well :-)

Anyone has availability and proposals for dates / venues?

Don't book travel yet but ...

What about Google Mountain View,  week of Nov 14th?

Do you mean we're planning to hold the user summit during the week this year? As opposed to the past couple years, which have been user summit on the weekend followed by a hackathon during the week.

Hmm. The week after is US Thanksgiving so we can't do the usual weekend (e.g. Nov 19th) user summit followed by a week of hacking. Might have to do user summit on Monday the 14th?  But suitable space can be very hard to get on a work day. We are still trying to get a specific date, but we are thinking around that weakfish.

I know my wife would be happier with a weekday summit. :-) That range of dates is generally good for me too.

(I say don't book travel yet because I don't yet have specific dates within that week!)

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

lucamilanesio

j...@jmiller5.com

Jul 7, 2016, 1:37:43 AM7/7/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, s...@google.com, dbor...@google.com, luca.mi...@gmail.com
Hello,

I'd like to join the Mountain View meetup as well. Please count me in the RSVP list.

Thanks!
Jim

lucamilanesio

Jul 28, 2016, 4:25:59 PM7/28/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Ping ...

Shawn Pearce

Jul 28, 2016, 7:12:20 PM7/28/16
to Luca Milanesio, repo-discuss

Still trying to work out the details, but Nov 11 & 12 seem likely. More next week.

On Jul 28, 2016 1:26 PM, "lucamilanesio" <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ping ...

Shawn Pearce

Jul 28, 2016, 7:13:17 PM7/28/16
to Luca Milanesio, repo-discuss

I meant Nov 12 and 13.

See, give me a few more days to work out the details. :)

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2016, 2:33:43 AM7/29/16
to Shawn Pearce, repo-discuss
Hi Shawn,
Thanks for the update ! Looking forward to it :-)

Luca

Sent from my iPhone