gerrit sign in sometimes can be very slow about 2mins

fengj...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2016, 7:47:09 AM7/26/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Dear,I'm working on a gerrit server of v2.9.1,my configuration is Ldap(Windows AD)+mysql。
Sometimes things go pretty well.But on the other hand,sometimes after input username and password,sign in can be very slow.
About 2mins,I enventully see the changes web.
Can someone help me?Thanks in advance.

Saša Živkov

Jul 26, 2016, 9:08:19 AM7/26/16
to fengj...@gmail.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Many performance improvements in LDAP authentication area were done after the 2.9.x release, see [1].
Consider upgrading to a newer Gerrit version.

[1]
$ git log origin/stable-2.9..origin/master --oneline | grep -i ldap
7f64ab6 ldap.Helper: Kill "assuming empty group membership" logspam
82d5563 Document that ldap.groupBase and ldap.accountBase are repeatable
0be1a31 Fix non-ascii password authentication failure under tomcat (LDAP)
ecbaf10 Merge "Detect LDAP misconfiguration and fail earlier"
bddb023 Detect LDAP misconfiguration and fail earlier
6637d8c Merge "Add config options of LDAP 'connection pooling'" into stable-2.10
b246f9e Fix LDAP authentication for the RFC2307 server type
1b644eb Merge "Fix LDAP authentication for the RFC2307 server type" into stable-2.11
a5427bb Fix LDAP authentication for the RFC2307 server type
ff03c9c Lazily lookup LDAP group memberships
723e69c Configurable ldap.fetchMemberOfEagerly to optimize LDAP login
386b419 Improve LDAP login times, transfer 40x less data.
5296a53 Reduce number of LDAP queries when having multiple accountBases
277cae1 Fix LDAP connection pool configuration.
0524c80 Honor ldap.connectTimeout also without connection pooling
0705733 Add config options of LDAP 'connection pooling'
c413c8b Merge "Lazily lookup LDAP group memberships"
12ed13e Lazily lookup LDAP group memberships
cf1b06a Add option to make ldap groups visible to everyone
2b1fb34 Merge "Configurable ldap.fetchMemberOfEagerly to optimize LDAP login"
c81291f Configurable ldap.fetchMemberOfEagerly to optimize LDAP login
ad84028 Merge "Improve LDAP login times, transfer 40x less data."
f1c813a Improve LDAP login times, transfer 40x less data.
5c2728c Merge "Reduce number of LDAP queries when having multiple accountBases"
126c225 Reduce number of LDAP queries when having multiple accountBases
e216199 Merge "Fix LDAP connection pool configuration."
68e7fe6 Merge "Honor ldap.connectTimeout also without connection pooling"
5049f51 Fix LDAP connection pool configuration.
303701a Honor ldap.connectTimeout also without connection pooling
4bd96e6 Merge "Resource exhausted because of unclosed LDAP connection" into stable-2.10
7ac0384 Resource exhausted because of unclosed LDAP connection
ca95210 Merge "Add config options of LDAP 'connection pooling'"
cd04bbc Add config options of LDAP 'connection pooling'

fengj...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2016, 2:29:29 AM7/28/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I have one server updated to V2.11.1,and the phenomenon still exists!Maybe I should try the lateset V2.12.
Thanks for your help!