trouble getting back into gsql

Matt Ingenthron

Aug 6, 2013, 2:12:40 AM8/6/13
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My fellow administrators updated gerrit not too long ago and we're on 2.6.1.  After the upgrade, I try to run gsql and I see:

$ ssh -p 29418 review.couchbase.org gerrit gsql
fatal: ingenthr does not have "Access Database" capability.

My user is in the Administrators group, which is what the docs say is needed.

I noticed the other method listed in the docs, so I assumed the user that gerrit runs and to run it directly via the war, which is what the documentation seems to say in that case.

Trying that, I get:
$ java -jar bin/gerrit.war gsql
fatal: DbInjector failed
fatal: Unable to determine SqlDialect
fatal:   caused by org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions: close all other connection(s); use the server mode [90020-168]

The discussion archives pointed me to the first format.  So... I'm stuck.  What's the right way to use gsql in 2.6.1?  Any thoughts on why my Administrator privs aren't kicking in?  I've done plenty of other admin recently.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Edwin Kempin

Aug 6, 2013, 2:36:15 AM8/6/13
to Matt Ingenthron, repo-d...@googlegroups.com

2013/8/6 Matt Ingenthron <inge...@gmail.com>

Hi,

My fellow administrators updated gerrit not too long ago and we're on 2.6.1.  After the upgrade, I try to run gsql and I see:

$ ssh -p 29418 review.couchbase.org gerrit gsql
fatal: ingenthr does not have "Access Database" capability.

My user is in the Administrators group, which is what the docs say is needed.
This documentation is outdated and not correct anymore. I've uploaded a fix:
  https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/48420

I noticed the other method listed in the docs, so I assumed the user that gerrit runs and to run it directly via the war, which is what the documentation seems to say in that case.

Trying that, I get:
$ java -jar bin/gerrit.war gsql
fatal: DbInjector failed
fatal: Unable to determine SqlDialect
fatal:   caused by org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions: close all other connection(s); use the server mode [90020-168]

The discussion archives pointed me to the first format.  So... I'm stuck.  What's the right way to use gsql in 2.6.1?  Any thoughts on why my Administrator privs aren't kicking in?  I've done plenty of other admin recently.
As the error message says you now need to have the 'Access Database' capability [1]. Just being administrator is not enough anymore.

[1] http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/Documentation/2.6/access-control.html#capability_accessDatabase

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Matt Ingenthron

Aug 6, 2013, 7:47:10 PM8/6/13
to Edwin Kempin, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  I'd found another thread that described what I needed to do shortly after sending this, but my post was in moderation so I couldn't reply to myself.

Thanks for fixing up the docs.

scgov...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2017, 1:35:08 AM7/20/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, edwin....@gmail.com
Thanks in advance

scgov...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2017, 1:35:08 AM7/20/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, edwin....@gmail.com
Hi Matt, do you mind to share that thread to me. even I have got the same issue. please.