Searching changes by message

Igor

Jun 22, 2017, 8:09:29 AM6/22/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I wonder which search is performed by gerrit when matching commit message? When I search for message:"abcd-" it ignores the dash at the end  and finds all changes containing "abcd". In one of the threads in this list it was mentioned that some kind of fuzzy logic is used, but I didn't see any details in documentation.

Is there any way to include special characters in the search?

Thanks,
Igor.

Dave Borowitz

Jun 22, 2017, 8:35:10 AM6/22/17
to Igor, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Gerrit just converts the value to a Lucene PhraseQuery:

Unfortunately that particular place in the Lucene documentation is not very clear on the semantics. If someone can find a clearer piece of Lucene documentation, I'd be happy to link to it from the Gerrit search docs.