Gerrit reviewers plugin won't work with LDAP

Poppy Lei

May 17, 2017, 8:43:28 PM5/17/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I install reviewers plugin(v2.13) on my Gerrit server(v2.13.2).
My reviewers.config looks like this:

I am using LDAP to do the authentication. Neither single user or group members were set as default reviewer after I uploaded a patchset.

But on my other Gerrit server, which is using DEVELOPMENT_BECOME_ANY_ACCOUNT auth type. The plugin is working fine.
Can someone please help to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Lei

David Pursehouse

May 17, 2017, 9:09:50 PM5/17/17
to Poppy Lei, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM Poppy Lei <poppy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I install reviewers plugin(v2.13) on my Gerrit server(v2.13.2).
My reviewers.config looks like this:

Don't LDAP groups need to be prefixed with "ldap/"?

I.e. "ldap/demo-developer"?

I am using LDAP to do the authentication. Neither single user or group members were set as default reviewer after I uploaded a patchset.

But on my other Gerrit server, which is using DEVELOPMENT_BECOME_ANY_ACCOUNT auth type. The plugin is working fine.
Can someone please help to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Lei

Poppy Lei

May 18, 2017, 1:51:41 PM5/18/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, poppy...@gmail.com
Hi David,

I tried ldap/demo-developer, then I got error "The page you requested was not found , or you do not have permission to view this page."
demo-developer is a group I created under "People" tag. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lei

David Pursehouse

May 19, 2017, 12:59:45 AM5/19/17
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 2:51 AM Poppy Lei <poppy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David,

I tried ldap/demo-developer, then I got error "The page you requested was not found , or you do not have permission to view this page."
demo-developer is a group I created under "People" tag. Any ideas?

It looks like I misunderstood the problem.  I thought "demo-developer" was the name of the group in LDAP.

Where does LDAP come into it?  Does the "demo-developer" group include LDAP groups?

Actually I'm not 100% sure if adding LDAP group as reviewer is supported.  It looks like it was started but not finished:

David Pursehouse

May 22, 2017, 10:14:13 PM5/22/17
to Lei Lei, repo-discuss
Sharing the solution with the list.  Glad to hear you got it working.

/David

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:39 AM Lei Lei <poppy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David,

It turns out I forgot to give review permission to one of the member in the group. Now it's working fine.

Thanks for the help,

Lei

Nitish Goel

Jul 13, 2017, 2:37:00 AM7/13/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi ,

I have requirement in gerrit for a project and looking support to implement.

At folder level (/project/branch/folder) we want to implement auto populate reviewers, which means any review raised under this folder should have already reviewers listed.
I installed the plugin reviewer and added the reviewers.config file, but didn't work.

We are using LDAP for authentication and gerrit version - 2.10.2.

Also, needs to implement minimum of 3 reviews before merge at the folder level.

Thanks,
Nitish Goel