Gerrit truncating message

Gaurav Negi

Jun 12, 2016, 4:10:54 PM6/12/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Dear All,
  We do have a problem here during git push.

Is some users are pushign to Gerrit server, this sort of error is coming up.

fatal: protocol error: bad line length 2182

This error is coming up when there are big commits, having white-spaces in the changed files.

I have inherited some of the functions from GIT hook (update script).

Any idea, how can I make correct message get displayed, if user is having white-spaces in his commit?

Thanks
-Gaurav

Remy Bohmer

Jun 12, 2016, 4:32:28 PM6/12/16
to Gaurav Negi, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Hi,

One guess: older git version on the client doing the push? I have see this error with 1.x versions of Git. Later Git versions worked on our end. (2.x versions)

Kind regards,

Remy