How are user doing deployment using Gerrit as the Repo

Marcus Hightower

Jul 28, 2016, 11:39:55 AM7/28/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
With other git repo hosting apps I could add deployment public keys to a project to allow automation to pull files and have it be readonly. I'm not sure how to that with Gerrit without adding keys the public keys to my user. Is there a secure way of using deployment key based on project? Is there a best practice method for deployment?

Thanks

Björn Pedersen

Jul 28, 2016, 12:22:29 PM7/28/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

The typical way to achieve this with gerrit is:

1) create a 'service user' (ssh <host:29418> gerrit create-user ) and add the appropriate public key.
   The serviceuser plugin will make this creation easier.
2) Either give this user the correct access right on the project, or add him to a  group with the necessary rights.

Björn