'Invalid author' error when a Reviewer tries publishing an Edit

Anantha Madhava

Aug 4, 2017, 4:07:50 AM8/4/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello Gerrit Gurus,

I am having a staging setup of Gerrit V2.14 hosted on Tomcat V8.0.23 on Windows 7 SP1.

My teammate opens a Change and adds me as a Reviewer. I inline edit that Change and click on 'Done Editing'. Then I click on 'Publish Edit' button. I get the invalid author error - attached is the screenshot.
I gave myself the privileges of 'Forge Author Identity' and then I was able to Publish the Edit.

Such exclusive privileges is not required in my production Gerrit service V2.11.2.
Is that a conscious change by Gerrit Dev community? Could you please refer me to the documentation regarding this change in privileges?

Cheers,
Anantha
InvalidAuthor.png