Need location of hook script commit-msg in Gerrit server

Anjan Tummalapalli

Sep 19, 2016, 7:54:11 PM9/19/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Team,

I want to modify commit-msg hook script to invoke build steps before committing. It should commit only when build get succeeded.

In order to enforce all the users, i need to modify the one which stores inside Gerrit server

can anyone please refer me to the location of the script where it get stored in server. I need to put some more dependent files in the same location and enforce users to download them before committing

Best Regards,
Anjan

Steffen Gebert

Sep 20, 2016, 2:36:41 AM9/20/16
to Anjan Tummalapalli, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

this seems a somehow frequent request. I see this from time to time on StackOverflow and we at TYPO3 also refer to another version in our tutorial.

There's (AFAIK) no built-in method to replace the hook file's content other than building Gerrit on your own.
It might be actually worth implementing such thing, wouldn't it?

Yours
Steffen