Change column in main view

Jacek Ziora

May 17, 2016, 8:57:44 AM5/17/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi!

In main view I have a column "Owner", but I want to have "Commiter" instead.

How to change it? I use postgresql.

Another question. Which record in database is responsible for this column "Owner" in main view?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

Edwin Kempin

May 17, 2016, 9:02:50 AM5/17/16
to Jacek Ziora, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

In main view I have a column "Owner", but I want to have "Commiter" instead.
Are you talking about the screen that shows a list of changes?

How to change it? I use postgresql.
It's not possible to change this by configuration.
You would need to patch Gerrit.

Another question. Which record in database is responsible for this column "Owner" in main view?
The owner is read from the 'owner_account_id' field in the 'changes' table.

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

Jacek Ziora

May 18, 2016, 3:37:05 AM5/18/16
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi!

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I'm talking about main view when you login to gerrit or when you go All --> Open.
That is what I was afraid to hear...

But there is another interesting thing. When I update the 'owner_account_id' field in the 'changes' table, owner is changed in 'commit view', but in the main view is still old.
Maybe this value is taken from another place as well?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

Edwin Kempin

May 18, 2016, 3:41:50 AM5/18/16
On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I'm talking about main view when you login to gerrit or when you go All --> Open.
That is what I was afraid to hear...

But there is another interesting thing. When I update the 'owner_account_id' field in the 'changes' table, owner is changed in 'commit view', but in the main view is still old.
Maybe this value is taken from another place as well?
It's taken from the Lucene index that is used to serve change queries.
If you change the value in the database you must reindex the change [1] so that this info is updated in the Lucene index.

Jacek Ziora

May 18, 2016, 10:22:02 AM5/18/16
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Edwin,

Thank you for information.

I try to reindex the change, but I when I type POST /changes/{my_change-id}/index I get:
Please enter content (application/x-www-form-urlencoded) to be POSTed:

And I don't know what to put here and how tell this editor, that I have finished writing.

Can you help me with this? What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

David Pursehouse

May 18, 2016, 10:45:02 AM5/18/16
to Jacek Ziora, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 11:21 PM Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Edwin,

Thank you for information.

I try to reindex the change, but I when I type POST /changes/{my_change-id}/index I get:
Please enter content (application/x-www-form-urlencoded) to be POSTed:

How are you issuing the POST request?  I'm not sure it's possible via a browser; usually it's done via command line or some other HTTP client.

See [1] for basic command lines using curl and [2] for how to authenticate.

Your command should look something like:

Jacek Ziora

May 19, 2016, 5:09:52 AM5/19/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I have to do this via command line, because I'm using script and this update must be automatically. I tried to do this but I still don't get it. :(

So lets say I have a Change-Id 12345, so what my command should look like?

Also, I am using https. This may be another problem....

Jacek Ziora

May 19, 2016, 6:38:33 AM5/19/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
@David, I tried to use command you have written and when I use https i got an certificate error, with flag -k there is no error and also no effect. The same situation with http - no errors, no effects.

Jacek Ziora

May 19, 2016, 6:39:10 AM5/19/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Is it possible to do this using ssh?

David Pursehouse

May 19, 2016, 7:18:39 AM5/19/16
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:38 PM Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
@David, I tried to use command you have written and when I use https i got an certificate error, with flag -k there is no error and also no effect. The same situation with http - no errors, no effects.

The /index REST endpoint doesn't output any information; on success it will simply return HTTP status code 204 No Content.

To confirm that it was successful you can run curl in verbose mode so it shows the headers and response.

There is no ssh equivalent of this REST endpoint.  It's possibly something that could be implemented in a plugin though.

David Pursehouse

May 19, 2016, 8:42:59 PM5/19/16
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 8:18 PM David Pursehouse <dpurs...@collab.net> wrote:
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:38 PM Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
@David, I tried to use command you have written and when I use https i got an certificate error, with flag -k there is no error and also no effect. The same situation with http - no errors, no effects.

The /index REST endpoint doesn't output any information; on success it will simply return HTTP status code 204 No Content.

To confirm that it was successful you can run curl in verbose mode so it shows the headers and response.

There is no ssh equivalent of this REST endpoint.  It's possibly something that could be implemented in a plugin though.

There's actually already a change under review [1] to add such functionality in the healthcheck plugin.  It's been suggested there to add it in core gerrit instead.

Jacek Ziora

May 20, 2016, 4:38:12 AM5/20/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

So if I understood correctly we have to wait for this plugin to be available. That would be exactly what I need. Do you know when can I expect this plugin?

Also, I tried to use curl command you wrote earlier. Can you help me with analyze the output please?

-bash-4.1$ curl -n XPOST --digest http://localhost:8092/changes/I6a859e1f162357df1e38bb79b55111886760db8e/index
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error Message</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <TD class=titleBorder id=L_11004_2>Network Access Message:<SPAN class=TitleDescription> The website cannot be found</SPAN> </TD>

It seems to me that I cannot connect to page. Using full address instead of localhost gives the same result. Adding proper proxy parametere gives the same result...

David Pursehouse

May 20, 2016, 6:53:14 AM5/20/16
On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 5:38 PM Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I started working on an index-change ssh command for core gerrit, but it's not in any state for review yet.  I'll get back to it next week.

Also, I tried to use curl command you wrote earlier. Can you help me with analyze the output please?

-bash-4.1$ curl -n XPOST --digest http://localhost:8092/changes/I6a859e1f162357df1e38bb79b55111886760db8e/index
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error Message</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <TD class=titleBorder id=L_11004_2>Network Access Message:<SPAN class=TitleDescription> The website cannot be found</SPAN> </TD>

It seems to me that I cannot connect to page. Using full address instead of localhost gives the same result. Adding proper proxy parametere gives the same result...

It looks like you're connecting anonymously.  Try it again with /a/ before the /changes/

Jacek Ziora

May 23, 2016, 4:05:31 AM5/23/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I still can't handle this. I'm getting errors like:

<TD class=titleBorder id=L_11004_2>Network Access Message:<SPAN class=TitleDescription> The website cannot be found</SPAN> </TD>
or
<LI id=L_11004_12>Background: This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP address of the website you are trying to access, possibly due to lack of information in the DNS server.
<LI id=L_11004_13>Date: 23.05.2016 07:50:22 [GMT]
<LI id=L_11004_14>Server: FIESPRX002.nsn-intra.net
<LI id=L_11004_15>Source: DNS error

It would be wonderful if I can do it via ssh command. Can you give me an estimate when can I expect this possibility available?
@David - sorry for double message, previously sent only to you

David Pursehouse

May 23, 2016, 4:19:50 AM5/23/16
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 5:05 PM Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I still can't handle this. I'm getting errors like:

<TD class=titleBorder id=L_11004_2>Network Access Message:<SPAN class=TitleDescription> The website cannot be found</SPAN> </TD>
or
<LI id=L_11004_12>Background: This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP address of the website you are trying to access, possibly due to lack of information in the DNS server.
<LI id=L_11004_13>Date: 23.05.2016 07:50:22 [GMT]
<LI id=L_11004_14>Server: FIESPRX002.nsn-intra.net
<LI id=L_11004_15>Source: DNS error

It would be wonderful if I can do it via ssh command. Can you give me an estimate when can I expect this possibility available?
@David - sorry for double message, previously sent only to you

If it's going through a proxy, have you tried it without the proxy?

As for the ssh command, I don't have any estimate of when it will be ready. In the meantime you might try to build the health-check plugin that I mentioned before, including Doug's change to add the command.

Jacek Ziora

May 23, 2016, 4:26:33 AM5/23/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I tried with and without proxy and the result is the same.

So I think I will try with this plugin now.

Thank you for advises and help. :)

Jacek Ziora

May 23, 2016, 9:53:28 AM5/23/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Sorry for stupid question, but I don't know how to apply this plugin. Can you help me with this?

Jacek Ziora

May 30, 2016, 3:44:33 AM5/30/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

Any news about this ssh command? I'm trying to use this healthcheck but with no effect.
I found this: https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/scripts/+/refs/heads/master/admin/reindexer-1.0.groovy
If I understand correctly I can use this to reindex all indexes in gerrit.
Maybe this solution can be good enough for me. Do I have to install this as plugin? Or maybe use this another way?

Can you please help me with this?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

David Pursehouse

May 30, 2016, 4:13:09 AM5/30/16
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 4:44 PM Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Any news about this ssh command?

The implementation of the "gerrit index changes" command was merged:

But bear in mind that it's on the master branch and there are a series of changes ahead of it that will also need to be included if you want to backport it to an earlier version.

I'm trying to use this healthcheck but with no effect.
I found this: https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/scripts/+/refs/heads/master/admin/reindexer-1.0.groovy
If I understand correctly I can use this to reindex all indexes in gerrit.
Maybe this solution can be good enough for me. Do I have to install this as plugin? Or maybe use this another way?

Jacek Ziora

May 31, 2016, 7:47:05 AM5/31/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks David.

Do you know when can we expect new gerrit version with those changes?

David Pursehouse

May 31, 2016, 7:54:05 AM5/31/16
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 8:47 PM Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks David.

Do you know when can we expect new gerrit version with those changes?

It will be in 2.13 which is due soon.

Jacek Ziora

Jun 1, 2016, 8:07:34 AM6/1/16
to David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks for response. Can you tell me more precisely when new gerrit will be available? Is this one week or rather one month?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

Martin Fick

Jun 1, 2016, 12:32:53 PM6/1/16
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Jacek Ziora, David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin
On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 02:07:31 PM Jacek Ziora wrote:
> Thanks for response. Can you tell me more precisely when
> new gerrit will be available? Is this one week or rather
> one month?

We do not have such precise release plans ever. For a
better view of progress towards this, please review the
release emails on this list,

-Martin

Jacek Ziora

Jun 9, 2016, 6:51:09 AM6/9/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, jacek.ad...@gmail.com, dpurs...@collab.net, eke...@google.com
Hi,

I build newest commit from master and I want to try index command. What exactly command should look like?
I tried:
ssh -p ${PORT} ${SERVER} gerrit review -p ${PROJECT} index --all

And I get:
fatal: "index" is not a valid patch set

Also tried:
ssh -p ${PORT} ${SERVER} gerrit review -p ${PROJECT} index --change ${Change_Id}

result the same. Can you please help me?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

Matthias Sohn

Jun 9, 2016, 9:56:26 AM6/9/16
to Jacek Ziora, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, David Pursehouse, Edwin Kempin
If you want to rebuild the secondary index offline run the "reindex" program [1].
If you want to index individual changes online you can use "gerrit index changes" [2].

-Matthias

Jacek Ziora

Jun 10, 2016, 3:35:41 AM6/10/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, jacek.ad...@gmail.com, dpurs...@collab.net, eke...@google.com