Unable to build Owners plugin on Gerrit 2.12.2

Sharath Gupta

Feb 23, 2017, 11:21:18 PM2/23/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi

I have Gerrit 2.12.2 intalled. I want to build Owners plugin for that particular version. (  I could build Owners plugin  for the latest gerrit version successfully though)
Here are the steps that I followed:

 $ git clone https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/owners
 $ cd gerrit/plugins
 $ ln -s ../../owners/owners* .
 $ cp -f ../../owners/external_plugin_deps.bzl .
 $ cd ..
Then, when I try the below command, I get
 bazel build plugins/owners plugins/owners-autoassign

WARNING: Sandboxed execution is not supported on your system and thus hermeticity of actions cannot be guaranteed. See http://bazel.build/docs/bazel-user-manual.html#sandboxing for more information. You can turn off this warning via --ignore_unsupported_sandboxing.

ERROR: error loading package 'plugins/owners-autoassign': Extension file not found. Unable to load package for '//tools/bzl:plugin.bzl': BUILD file not found on package path.

INFO: Elapsed time: 3.091s

I want to know what I can do to correct these errors. Is there any particular version of Owners plugin that works for Gerrit 2.12.2? Please help.

Thanks

Sharath

David Pursehouse

Feb 23, 2017, 11:40:14 PM2/23/17
to Sharath Gupta, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 1:21 PM Sharath Gupta <sharath...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

That's because you're presumably building the master branch of the plugin, which is built with bazel, but in the gerrit tree for 2.12, which does not support bazel.

I want to know what I can do to correct these errors. Is there any particular version of Owners plugin that works for Gerrit 2.12.2? Please help.

As far as I can see there is no working version of the plugin for 2.12.  There is neither a build for it on CI [1] nor a stable-2.12 branch on the repository.

Thanks

Sharath

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2017, 2:14:08 AM2/24/17
to David Pursehouse, Sharath Gupta, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
You could try to use the 2.11 build, which is possibly good enough and should be compatible.

The latest owners plugin features, however, wouldn't be there, as they compatible only with Gerrit 2.13 or master.

Luca

Sent from my iPhone