How to import an authorized certificate to replace the self-signed on

Mai Waly

Oct 16, 2016, 3:09:18 AM10/16/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Please help

We first configured our gerrit server as a self-signed certificate after that we managed to get an authorized certificate
Could you please help how to replace the self signed one with the new one

Thanks a lot in advance

Matthias Sohn

Oct 16, 2016, 4:29:49 AM10/16/16
to Mai Waly, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Mai Waly <mai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Please help

We first configured our gerrit server as a self-signed certificate after that we managed to get an authorized certificate
Could you please help how to replace the self signed one with the new one

Mai Waly

Oct 16, 2016, 4:43:50 AM10/16/16
to Matthias Sohn, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I tried editing the gerrit.config

[httpd]
        sslKeyStore    = /$path/opt/gerrit/.keystore
        sslKeyPassword = xxxxx

gerrit service starts but page do no open and nothing in logs

Saša Živkov

Oct 18, 2016, 6:54:23 AM10/18/16
to Mai Waly, Matthias Sohn, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Mai Waly <mai....@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried editing the gerrit.config

[httpd]
        sslKeyStore    = /$path/opt/gerrit/.keystore
        sslKeyPassword = xxxxx

gerrit service starts but page do no open and nothing in logs

This means that the error occurs quite early, before the logging is started.
Instead of using bin/gerrit.sh you can try to start Gerrit using:

$ java -jar bin/gerrit.war daemon --show-stack-trace -d .

This should print the root cause to the console.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Matthias Sohn <matthi...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Mai Waly <mai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Please help

We first configured our gerrit server as a self-signed certificate after that we managed to get an authorized certificate
Could you please help how to replace the self signed one with the new one

the keystore location is configured here

-Matthias

Rajesh Sharma

May 11, 2023, 10:30:22 AM5/11/23
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I am in the same situation. I used self-sgned certificate when setting up Gerrit and now I have received real server certifcate(Root CA signed). I imported this certificate to the Keystore and restarted the Gerrit but It still picking up the self signed certificate.
What should I do ? so it should pick real autorized certificate ?
Its a production setup and I would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 12:54:23 PM UTC+2 Saša Živkov wrote:
[...]

Björn Pedersen

May 12, 2023, 3:35:05 AM5/12/23
Rajesh Sharma schrieb am Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2023 um 16:30:22 UTC+2:
I am in the same situation. I used self-sgned certificate when setting up Gerrit and now I have received real server certifcate(Root CA signed). I imported this certificate to the Keystore and restarted the Gerrit but It still picking up the self signed certificate.
You should replace the keystore (it should only contain the valid certificate), not add further certs.

What should I do ? so it should pick real autorized certificate ?
Its a production setup and I would appreciate your help.

Maybe consider using a reverse proxy for SSL-termination anyway?

Thanks in advance.