Code review for excel file

Ashwini T R

Feb 6, 2018, 2:14:48 AM2/6/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Team,

In Gerrit review, we cannot review excel files(.xls). Any way to do the same?

Regards,
Ashwini

Nothize T

Apr 11, 2018, 3:59:59 AM4/11/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I'm looking for it too.

Just found a tool https://github.com/na-ka-na/ExcelCompare which is able to generate a high level diff of the Excel file.

I think it is already improving life many bits.

It has documented how to use it via git difftool, if there is a way to use it with Gerrit then it'd be nice.

Nothize T

Apr 11, 2018, 4:01:49 AM4/11/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Maybe one way is to use a Gerrit hook and then if any file is Excel, invoke the ExcelCompare tool on each of them, then post the result back to Gerrit as a comment.

But it'd still be better if this can be integrated into Gerrit such that the differences between different patchsets can also be compared freely.