Cannot set-head via SSH

Sebastian Schuberth

Jan 16, 2017, 4:58:35 AM1/16/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I'm trying to change the remote HEAD of a repo via

    ssh -p 29418 $GERRI...@gerrit-server.com gerrit set-head project --new-head develop

and I'm getting

    gerrit: set-head: not found

So, it seems as if the "set-head" command is unknown to Gerrit. Any idea what might cause that?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Magnus Bäck

Jan 16, 2017, 5:08:35 AM1/16/17
to Sebastian Schuberth, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 10:58 CET,
The set-head command appears to have been introduced in Gerrit 2.12.
Are you by any chance running something older?

(This new command seems to have omitted from the 2.12 release notes.)

--
Magnus Bäck | Software Engineer, Tools
magnu...@axis.com | Axis Communications

Sebastian Schuberth

Jan 16, 2017, 5:49:40 AM1/16/17
On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Magnus Bäck <magnu...@axis.com> wrote:

>> I'm trying to change the remote HEAD of a repo via
>> ssh -p 29418 $GERRI...@gerrit-server.com gerrit set-head project
>> --new-head develop
>> and I'm getting
>> gerrit: set-head: not found
>> So, it seems as if the "set-head" command is unknown to Gerrit. Any
>> idea what might cause that?
>
> The set-head command appears to have been introduced in Gerrit 2.12.
> Are you by any chance running something older?
>
> (This new command seems to have omitted from the 2.12 release notes.)

Doh, I'm indeed on 2.11.7, but for a (REST) API command as old as this
I didn't even bother to think the SSH command could have been
implemented only recently. Thanks!

--
Sebastian Schuberth