Gerrit can no longer load its-jira

Khai Do

Jan 13, 2017, 2:03:11 AM1/13/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello.  I believe there's a library conflict that prevents gerrit from loading the its-jira plugin.  This is only happening on the master branch.  I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this and how it might be corrected?  I've entered a bug for it on the issue tracker: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=5261

Luca Milanesio

Jan 13, 2017, 2:14:54 AM1/13/17
to Khai Do, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Yes, I've noticed that a couple of days ago.

To be honest with you, I believe the problem is really the embedding of the Atlassian-custom stack.
When you just read the name of the version ... it freezes your blood in the veins: "4.0-beta3-atlassian-1".

At the end of the day, they are documented REST API and we should invoke them directly using a native HTTP stack instead of their hacked APIs.

For the time being, Gerrit master is not released yet and there's no urgency ... but it will be something to fix once 2.14 is released.

Luca.

On 13 Jan 2017, at 07:03, Khai Do <zaro...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello.  I believe there's a library conflict that prevents gerrit from loading the its-jira plugin.  This is only happening on the master branch.  I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this and how it might be corrected?  I've entered a bug for it on the issue tracker: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=5261

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2017, 5:36:30 PM1/31/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
What if we changed the name in the maven_jar from httpasyncclient to httpasyncclient_2 would that work?

Do we have to use version 4.0-beta3-atlassian-1 or can we update to the one in gerrit's core?

Luca Milanesio

Feb 1, 2017, 4:16:58 AM2/1/17
to thomasmu...@yahoo.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
mmm ... is this a Java-language related question?

StackOverflow has the answer:

Isn't that simple as renaming a jar name or a Bazel rule, unfortunately :-(

Luca.

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Feb 2, 2017, 12:27:54 PM2/2/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Can we switch to the newer one that is in gerrit's core? Or do we have to use the atlassian one?

Luca Milanesio

Feb 2, 2017, 6:13:15 PM2/2/17
to thomasmu...@yahoo.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
You can try and ... put your helmet to avoid being hit by the blast :-O
Doesn't unfortunately work, the two versions aren't compatible.

The point is: do we really need to use their (cr**py)  JAR to call a REST API?

Luca.

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Feb 7, 2017, 2:29:49 PM2/7/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Is there a way we can exclude the jar file that are conflicting with the newer version in gerrit's core?

Luca Milanesio

Feb 7, 2017, 4:11:03 PM2/7/17
to thomasmu...@yahoo.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Nope, it isn't compatible.

Luca.

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Feb 7, 2017, 4:42:09 PM2/7/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I wonder how to fix this easily. Or is there a new rest api jar for jira we could use inside the its-jira plugin?

Luca Milanesio

Feb 7, 2017, 4:58:04 PM2/7/17
to thomasmu...@yahoo.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Easily? not really :-(
Cleanly? Yes, using the Jira REST API directly, without having to include Atlasshi**yjars.

Luca.

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Feb 7, 2017, 5:49:07 PM2/7/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, thomasmu...@yahoo.com
Oh, but doint we have to use jira-rest-java-client-core for that? Or by directly does that include not using jira-rest-java-client-core.

Luca Milanesio

Feb 7, 2017, 5:51:12 PM2/7/17
On 7 Feb 2017, at 22:49, thomasmulhall410 via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Oh, but doint we have to use jira-rest-java-client-core for that?

Who said that? REST was invented to avoid including the API client stubs ... and the Atlassian guys decided to build a fantastic REST client stub, smart !

Or by directly does that include not using jira-rest-java-client-core.

Nope, I mean calling directly the endpoint using an HTTP client.

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Feb 7, 2017, 7:01:42 PM2/7/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, thomasmu...@yahoo.com
 I thought the only way to access jira rest api was using a plugin. But using an http client is good. Though i doint know how to switch to http client.

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Feb 11, 2017, 5:58:37 PM2/11/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Yipee i figured out a short term solution. But we should deffitly migrate away from using the attlasion* jars as it just makes keeping the plugin compatible with gerrit core hardeer.

The soultion for short term is to build some of the deps from source like we do with gitblit.

Yes i know this is not what we want to do, but its the only thing i could do to get it working.

Also i've only managed to test that building and loading the plugin worked. I didnt actually test any funtionality. Also i have these repos https://github.com/paladox/jira-rest-java-client and https://github.com/paladox/atlassian-webhooks-plugin/

I would need someone else to actually test that the functionality works please.

:)

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Feb 11, 2017, 7:40:32 PM2/11/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion