Help Shape the Evolution of Gerrit

Dustin Smith

Jul 18, 2017, 6:58:37 PM7/18/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello Gerrit users!

My name is Dustin and I'm a researcher at Google.

If you use Gerrit and would like to help us make it better, please take this 15 minute survey! If you're a site admin, please forward this survey to your developers.

To access the survey, please use the following link:

Respectfully,
Dustin Smith
UX Researcher at Google

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Jan 10, 2018, 3:43:56 PM1/10/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thank you. I've spread the word at wmf by posting it on some wikimedia irc channels and writing it on our phabricator tasks.

Sven Selberg

Jan 11, 2018, 6:05:54 AM1/11/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Didn't notice this survey until now, some pointers:
A "back" functionality would be great, realized that I answered "very dissatisfied with Gerrit" at the very instance i pressed next.
In the question about which code review tools that you have previously used you are still using a "None of the above" option is missing.

/Sven

Sasha C.

Jan 18, 2018, 10:46:09 AM1/18/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
At end, penultimate question is what other review tools we used, and the last one is which of the selected we still use today.

I had to lie that I still use one of these just to finish the survey, because your last question has no "none" option.

You should take that into account when analyzing the survey data.

Logan Hanks

Jan 18, 2018, 1:54:56 PM1/18/18
to Sasha C., Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Dustin Smith
CCing Dustin Smith, he's our UX researcher at Google who ran this study.

Dustin has already analyzed the data collected by this survey, as of a few months ago. He presented some of his findings at the Gerrit User Summit in October, take a look:
  • Slides (Dustin's segment starts at slide 37)
  • Video (Dustin's segment starts at 21:44)
I think the aspect of responses that was most interesting involved users' ranking of what's important to them. I know he also received a lot of open-ended feedback that's been really useful. The survey UI could use some improvement but I think we got a substantial number of clear responses on this one nonetheless.

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2018, 5:46:32 PM1/31/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
WMF is planning to update to gerrit 2.14 on friday the 2nd of feb (https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments#Friday,_February_02). So we will have polygerrit switched on. We will most likly get any polygerrit ui feedback on our bug tracker https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/330/ which we will forward upstream :). I've created specifically a polygerrit section.