Gerrit merge order clobbers up release order

Jesper Markenstam

Apr 28, 2016, 5:18:50 AM4/28/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I experienced a merge order problem whereby a patch ("100" for arguments sake) was code reviewed after a later patch ("101") had been code reviewed. This caused jenkins to build and release "100", and the code previously released from "101" was no longer the latest release.

I am wondering if I have a fundamental issue - my initial thoughts are that "choosing-strategy: gerrit" is wrong, and should be removed so that we build from master.

have the following jenkins config in JJB format - hope this goes in this forum:

    parameters:
      - string:
          name: GERRIT_REFSPEC
          default: refs/heads/master
    triggers:
      - gerrit:
          trigger-on:
            - change-merged-event
    scm:
      - git:
          url: '{gerrit_url}/{repo}'
          credentials-id: '{gerrit_credentials_id}'
          name: origin
          refspec: $GERRIT_REFSPEC
          branches:
            - $GERRIT_BRANCH