https url is not visible after gerrit upgrade to 2.14.1

Sakshi Sood

Aug 1, 2017, 5:21:24 AM8/1/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
HTTP Digest Authentication Removed -Gerrit

I have upgraded my gerrit application from 2.11.7 to 2.14.1 , but i am not getting https in my url. it looks like only http is present . In gerrit 2.14.1 release notes I can see HTTP Digest Authentication Removed .Does that mean we can't use https anymore ?

Matthias Sohn

Aug 1, 2017, 9:15:50 AM8/1/17
to Sakshi Sood, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Sakshi Sood <sakshiso...@gmail.com> wrote:
HTTP Digest Authentication Removed -Gerrit

I have upgraded my gerrit application from 2.11.7 to 2.14.1 , but i am not getting https in my url. it looks like only http is present . In gerrit 2.14.1 release notes I can see HTTP Digest Authentication Removed .Does that mean we can't use https anymore ?

this means you can't use digest authentication anymore [1], you can use basic authentication instead.
Check the ssl related httpd configuration settings in gerrit.config [2].

devops

Aug 1, 2017, 9:30:26 AM8/1/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, sakshiso...@gmail.com
I meant to say , i am not getting https in my clone url or clone with commit message hook...its giving only http option

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Aug 1, 2017, 9:34:49 AM8/1/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, sakshiso...@gmail.com
did you set the url correctly in gerrit.config. If you used http:// instead of https:// in there then http:// will be only shown.

devops

Aug 1, 2017, 9:42:01 AM8/1/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, sakshiso...@gmail.com
my httpd.listenurl is

 listenUrl = proxy-http://127.0.0.1:8081/

and its the same on production servers as well which are using https currently

thomasmu...@yahoo.com

Aug 1, 2017, 9:43:25 AM8/1/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, sakshiso...@gmail.com
ah changing proxy-http to proxy-https://127.0.0.1:8081 should fix that.

devops

Aug 1, 2017, 11:11:04 AM8/1/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, sakshiso...@gmail.com
Report not abuse
No, it does not work , I changed both proxy-https://’hostname':’port' and canonicalWebUrl = https://git-qa.xxx.com/ , then it worked

this https url should be handled by nginx , not sure what has changed