Repo : sync something else than git

Julien DW

Nov 25, 2015, 8:30:28 AM11/25/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, jul...@hotmail.com
Hi,

I would like to be able to download a zip file from a specific URL (which is not a git) written in the manifest.

I checked source code a little bit, but I haven't been able to find something... Does anyone have some advice or work on this subject ?

Best regards,

Julien De Wisscher
Message has been deleted

Magnus Bäck

Nov 26, 2015, 1:46:44 AM11/26/15
to Julien DW, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 14:25 CET,
Julien DW <j.dewi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to be able to download a zip file from a specific URL
> (which is not a git) written in the manifest.
> I checked source code a little bit, but I haven't been able to find
> something... Does anyone have some advice or work on this subject ?

This isn't supported by Repo. Perhaps it would be a better fit for
your build system? Repo aggregates multiple git repositories and
it's not clear how a general file download feature would fit in.

--
Magnus Bäck | Software Engineer, Firmware Platform Tools
magnu...@axis.com | Axis Communications

Julien DW

Nov 26, 2015, 6:38:40 AM11/26/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, j.dewi...@gmail.com

Le jeudi 26 novembre 2015 07:46:44 UTC+1, Magnus Bäck a écrit :

This isn't supported by Repo. Perhaps it would be a better fit for
your build system? Repo aggregates multiple git repositories and
it's not clear how a general file download feature would fit in.

--
Magnus Bäck          | Software Engineer, Firmware Platform Tools
magnu...@axis.com | Axis Communications

Yes, I think that I wasn't clear, sorry.
I knew that it wasn't supported by Repo, and I was looking for a way to implement it. But Repo seems to be very delimited, and I'm a bit stuck..

Remy Bohmer

Nov 26, 2015, 12:40:28 PM11/26/15
to Julien DW, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Hi,

Just an idea. You may take a look at repo hooks. Maybe you can write a hook that does the download that runs on repo sync.

Kind regards,

Remy

Leo Wang

Nov 27, 2015, 12:50:00 AM11/27/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, jul...@hotmail.com
You can see git-lfs which is supported to download large file from other file system.

Julien DW

Nov 27, 2015, 7:18:19 AM11/27/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, j.dewi...@gmail.com, li...@bohmer.net
I didn't think about it..!
I'm currently trying to implement an "otherfile" object which would be downloaded during "repo sync". I keep this idea in mind, thank you !