Gerrit 2.12.3 setEndpointIdentificationAlgorithm

john.v...@effnet.com

Aug 10, 2016, 7:59:14 AM8/10/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
After upgrading to 2.12.3 I'm unable receive emails from my gerrit server due to "java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching xxx found".

I've tracked it down to the code in AuthSMTPClient.java:
"SSLParameters sslParams = new SSLParameters();
 sslParams.setEndpointIdentificationAlgorithm("HTTPS");
 ((SSLSocket)_socket_).setSSLParameters(sslParams);"

I guess it is probably our email servers setup and I won't be able to change our email servers certificates nor settings.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to bypass this without modifying the code in gerrit?

(Gerrit is running with TLS and javaOptions set to -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=yyy -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=zzz)

Edwin Kempin

Aug 10, 2016, 8:02:43 AM8/10/16
to john.v...@effnet.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
This was a security fix, see [1].
I guess you cannot bypass this without modifying the code.

john.v...@effnet.com

Edwin Kempin

Aug 10, 2016, 10:46:19 AM8/10/16
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 3:31 PM, <john.v...@effnet.com> wrote:
Would it make sense to change sendemail.sslVerify to also bypass this check or to add another configuration to skip the hostname matching?
Sounds okay to me.