Download-Scheme PLugin

Umesh Sharma

Apr 22, 2015, 4:43:34 AM4/22/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I have gerrit 2.10.3 version.  I want to enable the download scheme plugin in gerrit for patchsets.

In configuration  i have :
[download]
        command = checkout
        command = cherry_pick
        command = pull
        command = format_patch
        scheme = ssh
        scheme = http
        scheme = anon_http
        scheme = anon_git
        scheme = repo_download

but  still I cant see any option for cherry pick any patch.
I am assuming as it is core plugin so i don't have to build source code of plugin and installed it separately.

Edwin Kempin

Apr 22, 2015, 4:46:27 AM4/22/15
to Umesh Sharma, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
The download-commands plugin is a core plugin, which is contained in the gerrit.war file.
So you don't need to build it, but still you must install it.
If you execute the interactive init you will be asked whether the plugin should be installed.

Umesh Sharma

Apr 22, 2015, 4:50:40 AM4/22/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, umesh....@mettl.com
I have running gerrit instance already. If I init again , will it effect any how the running instance

Edwin Kempin

Apr 22, 2015, 4:54:13 AM4/22/15
to Umesh Sharma, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I have running gerrit instance already. If I init again , will it effect any how the running instance
You would need to stop Gerrit to do the init. If you accept all the defaults during init, there will be no configuration change.
Alternatively you may extract the plugin jar from the gerrit.war and place it into the '<review-site>/plugins' folder manually.
It should be picked up by the running Gerrit automatically after a few minutes.

David Pursehouse

Apr 22, 2015, 4:55:20 AM4/22/15
to Umesh Sharma, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On 04/22/2015 05:50 PM, Umesh Sharma wrote:
> I have running gerrit instance already. If I init again , will it effect
> any how the running instance

If you want to run the init, you have to stop the server first.

Alternatively you can extract the download-commands plugin from the war
file and install it with the 'plugin install' command over ssh:

http://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.10/cmd-plugin-install.html

However for that to work, you need the plugins.allowRemoteAdmin
configuration option to be set:

http://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.10/config-gerrit.html#plugins.allowRemoteAdmin

If that is not set, but you have access to the server, you can just drop
the jar file into the site's /plugins folder.