User-preference to disable gerrit web-browser editor?

rober...@verbsurgical.com

May 19, 2017, 12:43:23 PM5/19/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Is there a way for users to disable web-browser editing? I see preference for editing, but none for disabling editing.

My use case is that I think I'm typing somewhere (URL bar), when in fact the gerrit web UI has focus. As a result, when I hit 'e' (I think), I get popped into editing instead of typing a URL. Then I have to click a bunch of times to get back to where I was before.

We're using gerrit 2.12.5

--Rob

Deepanshu Gupta

May 19, 2017, 2:52:11 PM5/19/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
In the newer versions (2.13.1 for sure, maybe sooner), the shortcut is replaced by ctrl+e. So, it should be much less of a problem.