PSA: Issue Tracker Migration: Thursday, June 2, 4pm Pacific

Aaron Gable

Jun 1, 2016, 5:52:35 PM6/1/16
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerrit folks,

As you may be aware, the gerrit issue tracker is moving from Google Code to Monorail, the new bug tracker that is supporting Chromium and related projects.

That migration is scheduled to happen Tomorrow, Thursday June 2nd, at 4pm Pacific (midnight UTC).

What to expect:
* Minimal disruption. At the appointed time, the old tracker will disappear. Shortly thereafter, the new tracker will come up at bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit. Total expected downtime is less than one hour. You will be able to follow the progress in the tracking bug.
* A teensy bit of breakage. Links to the old tracker will not work for about a week while we get redirects set up. After that, all links to the old tracker will automatically forward to the corresponding issue in Monorail.
* Full fidelity import. All your issues, attachments, labels, etc will be carried over. Some labels (those of the form "Proj-Foo") will be converted to Components, a new feature of Monorail.
* Support from our team. You can file issues against us at bugs.chromium.org/p/monorail, or email us at chrome-inf...@google.com.

If you use the Codesite API, please contact us so that we can whitelist you for access to the (essentially identical) Monorail API. If you have further questions, please see our FAQ.

Happy hacking,
Aaron, on behalf of the Monorail Team

Aaron Gable

Jun 2, 2016, 5:10:21 PM6/2/16
to Aaron Gable, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: this is happening in two hours

Aaron Gable

Jun 2, 2016, 7:02:52 PM6/2/16
to Aaron Gable, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
This is starting now. Further updates will be in the bug, or in half an hour at the latest.

Aaron Gable

Jun 2, 2016, 8:11:08 PM6/2/16
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
This is now complete! Please enjoy your shiny new bug tracker at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit

Again, if you have any questions or issues, please file a bug at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/monorail.

Thanks for your patience!
Aaron

David Ostrovsky

Jun 3, 2016, 1:57:38 AM6/3/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 2:11:08 AM UTC+2, Aaron Gable wrote:
This is now complete! Please enjoy your shiny new bug tracker at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit

Thanks for the migration! It went really smoothly, all bugs are still there ;)

I updated the issue link on the homepage: [1]. It would be also nice, if
someone with access to gerrit-review.googlesource.com footer file,
could update "Report Bug" link in the footer line.

Edwin Kempin

Jun 3, 2016, 2:15:04 AM6/3/16
to David Ostrovsky, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 7:57 AM, David Ostrovsky <david.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 2:11:08 AM UTC+2, Aaron Gable wrote:
This is now complete! Please enjoy your shiny new bug tracker at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit
Thanks a lot, this looks great!!

Thanks for the migration! It went really smoothly, all bugs are still there ;)

I updated the issue link on the homepage: [1]. It would be also nice, if
someone with access to gerrit-review.googlesource.com footer file,
could update "Report Bug" link in the footer line.

Shawn Pearce

Jun 3, 2016, 11:07:57 AM6/3/16
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:57 PM, David Ostrovsky <david.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 2:11:08 AM UTC+2, Aaron Gable wrote:
This is now complete! Please enjoy your shiny new bug tracker at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit

Thanks for the migration! It went really smoothly, all bugs are still there ;)

I updated the issue link on the homepage: [1]. It would be also nice, if
someone with access to gerrit-review.googlesource.com footer file,
could update "Report Bug" link in the footer line.

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about that. We'll get it pushed out today.

Kenny Ho

Jun 8, 2016, 12:37:02 PM6/8/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, david.o...@gmail.com
The  Issue Tracker link at the 'homepage' of this repo-discuss group is also pointing to the old code site.

Shawn Pearce

Jun 8, 2016, 4:58:46 PM6/8/16
to Kenny Ho, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, David Ostrovsky
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Kenny Ho <y2k...@gmail.com> wrote:
The  Issue Tracker link at the 'homepage' of this repo-discuss group is also pointing to the old code site.

Thanks, fixed.