git-repo project on Google Code is archived

David Pursehouse

Dec 22, 2017, 2:09:42 AM12/22/17
to repo-discuss
The git-repo project on Google Code [1] has been archived.  This means it's not possible to add new issues in the issue tracker (see [2] for example).

Is there any plan to move the project, or at least the issue tracker, elsewhere?

Shawn Pearce

Dec 22, 2017, 2:09:59 PM12/22/17
to David Pursehouse, repo-discuss
Apparently no. I don't want to ask our friends in Chromium to run Monorail for git-repo like they do for gerrit. One could open a repository at GitHub and use the GH issue tracker. I can configure gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo to push to GH on a regularly scheduled basis to keep the repository semi-updated.

Jonathan Nieder

Dec 22, 2017, 2:26:29 PM12/22/17
to Shawn Pearce, David Pursehouse, repo-discuss
Since Android uses issuetracker.google.com, I can ask them if they want a component for repo there.

Jonathan

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2017, 4:03:18 PM12/22/17
to Shawn Pearce, David Pursehouse, repo-discuss

Sent from my iPhone
It is already mirrored to GitHub.com/gerritcodereview/git-repo in semi-real time :-)

We can just use the issue tracker in the GerritCodeReview organisation as you suggested

David Pursehouse

Jan 9, 2018, 11:29:15 PM1/9/18
to luca.mi...@gmail.com, Shawn Pearce, repo-discuss
On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 6:03 AM <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Dec 2017, at 19:09, 'Shawn Pearce' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 11:09 PM, David Pursehouse <david.pu...@gmail.com> wrote:
The git-repo project on Google Code [1] has been archived.  This means it's not possible to add new issues in the issue tracker (see [2] for example).

Is there any plan to move the project, or at least the issue tracker, elsewhere?

Apparently no. I don't want to ask our friends in Chromium to run Monorail for git-repo like they do for gerrit. One could open a repository at GitHub and use the GH issue tracker. I can configure gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo to push to GH on a regularly scheduled basis to keep the repository semi-updated.

It is already mirrored to GitHub.com/gerritcodereview/git-repo in semi-real time :-)

We can just use the issue tracker in the GerritCodeReview organisation as you suggested

Is it possible to migrate the issues from the project in Google Code [1] to Github?