Current state of PolyGerrit?

Steffen Gebert

Sep 4, 2016, 11:24:51 AM9/4/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hey all,

I've been asked to deploy PolyGerrit (as an opt-in) for our instance at https://review.typo3.org.
I read that Golang is running it as beta [1] and we might try the same.

I am still a bit unsure about the current state, its requirements and what the recommended way of running it is.
Pointing the nodejs server against our 2.12 instance results in an error when opening the diff view, but works otherwise. Is 2.13 required?

Regarding setting it up, I only find the README in the polygerrit-ui/ directory [2].
If I want to run that in production, I use the polygerrit.war instead of gerrit.war (plus --polygerrit-dev)? It seems, however, that this enforces polygerrit for every user. How can I make it optional (triggered through the query string)?

Thanks
Steffen

--
[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-dev/MDetuEHK6es

Edwin Kempin

Sep 5, 2016, 3:36:46 AM9/5/16
to Steffen Gebert, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Steffen Gebert <ste...@steffen-gebert.de> wrote:
Hey all,

I've been asked to deploy PolyGerrit (as an opt-in) for our instance at https://review.typo3.org.
I read that Golang is running it as beta [1] and we might try the same.

I am still a bit unsure about the current state, its requirements and what the recommended way of running it is.
Pointing the nodejs server against our 2.12 instance results in an error when opening the diff view, but works otherwise. Is 2.13 required?

Regarding setting it up, I only find the README in the polygerrit-ui/ directory [2].
If I want to run that in production, I use the polygerrit.war instead of gerrit.war (plus --polygerrit-dev)? It seems, however, that this enforces polygerrit for every user. How can I make it optional (triggered through the query string)?
AFAIK for the open source version this is not implement yet, see [1,2].

Steffen Gebert

Sep 10, 2016, 3:19:44 PM9/10/16
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks Edwin, then we'll wait a few for more weeks.

Steffen

> On 05 Sep 2016, at 09:35, 'Edwin Kempin' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 5:24 PM, Steffen Gebert <ste...@steffen-gebert.de> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been asked to deploy PolyGerrit (as an opt-in) for our instance at https://review.typo3.org.
> I read that Golang is running it as beta [1] and we might try the same.
>
> I am still a bit unsure about the current state, its requirements and what the recommended way of running it is.
> Pointing the nodejs server against our 2.12 instance results in an error when opening the diff view, but works otherwise. Is 2.13 required?
>
> Regarding setting it up, I only find the README in the polygerrit-ui/ directory [2].
> If I want to run that in production, I use the polygerrit.war instead of gerrit.war (plus --polygerrit-dev)? It seems, however, that this enforces polygerrit for every user. How can I make it optional (triggered through the query string)?
> AFAIK for the open source version this is not implement yet, see [1,2].
>
> [1] https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=4047
> [2] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/76672
>

> Thanks
> Steffen
>

> --
> [1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/golang-dev/MDetuEHK6es
>
> --
> --
>

> --

Steffen Gebert

Sep 29, 2016, 4:09:29 AM9/29/16
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

just a status update: This seems to work fine now :-)

Just build Gerrit as usual (buck build gerrit) and set gerrit.enablePolyGerrit = true.

Thanks for the awesome work!

Steffen