How to build reviewers plugin for gerrit 2.12.7

Marouane Baini

Jun 15, 2017, 6:23:15 AM6/15/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi every one,
i need to know how i can build the reviewers plugin so i can use it after upgrade my gerrit to 2.12.7
What i have like information:
https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/reviewers/+/stable-2.12
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=3720

I followed those links but i really have no idea how to start.
Thank you for your help

Sven Selberg

Jun 16, 2017, 5:47:35 AM6/16/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

David Pursehouse

Jun 16, 2017, 7:46:12 PM6/16/17
to Marouane Baini, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 7:23 PM 'Marouane Baini' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi every one,
i need to know how i can build the reviewers plugin so i can use it after upgrade my gerrit to 2.12.7

There are not specific versions of the plugin corresponding to specific minor versions of Gerrit, but the stable-2.x branch of the plugin *should* be compatible with all 2.x.y versions of Gerrit.

In other words, you should be able to build the head of the plugin's stable-2.12 branch, and use it with gerrit 2.12.7.

Alternatively, you can download a prebuilt jar of the latest stable.2-12 from CI here:

In the case that it doesn't work (sometimes we do get the occasional API breakage between minor versions) you'd have to bisect back to find the point where it broke, and build from the commit before that.  But lets cross that bridge when/if we come to it...