Requiring resolution of inline comments

Leon Dubinsky

Apr 19, 2018, 2:36:08 AM4/19/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi all,

I'm new to Gerrit so please forgive me if this is an FAQ.

I'm looking for a way to author a rule that would block commit as long as there are non-addressed inline comments on the change. By "addressed" I mean I'd like to see the author go through and click "Done" button on every one of them.

I don't seem to be able to get this to work. the predicate gerrit:unresolved_comments_count(U) seems to always set U to 0.  Searching this forum brings up a discussion from 2013/2014 only that indicates this was not implemented at the time.

1. Do I misunderstand the concept of "unresolved comment" here"?

2. Is there a way to do what I'm after - implement a rules.pl predicate to block submit until all the comments are addressed?

Thanks!
Leon

Edwin Kempin

Apr 19, 2018, 2:40:24 AM4/19/18
to ldub...@snapchat.com, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Resolvable comments exist since 2.14 [1].
It's an explicit checkbox on the inline comments (only supported by PolyGerrit).
Using the 'Done" button sets this checkbox automatically.