Developing a Plugin for Gerrit

Sascha Gaubatz

Jan 12, 2017, 3:57:15 AM1/12/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello,

I am developing a gwt plugin where I need the information about existing projects and I want to create new ones from within the plugin.

Is there a way to access this information from code or what is the intended way to manage this task?

I appriciate any help.

Sascha

Edwin Kempin

Jan 12, 2017, 4:12:08 AM1/12/17
to Sascha Gaubatz, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 9:55 AM, 'Sascha Gaubatz' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am developing a gwt plugin where I need the information about existing projects and I want to create new ones from within the plugin.

Is there a way to access this information from code or what is the intended way to manage this task?
Your client-side plugin can use the REST API [1] to get this information from the server. Have a look at the plugin documentation [2] to see how to do a REST call from GWT (search for 'RestApi' in this section).

I appriciate any help.

Sascha

Luca Milanesio

Jan 12, 2017, 4:15:49 AM1/12/17
to Sascha Gaubatz, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Edwin Kempin
Hi Sascha,
just an early warning about writing a brand-new GWT plugin: it will need to be rewritten again for PolyGerrit as the backward compatibility of the GWT code would not be preserved.

Why not writing a pure JavaScript one? You will have more chances to reuse most of the code in the future UX plugins architecture.

Luca.

---