Many servers download repo together, repo sync stuck

Matthew Song

Dec 28, 2016, 11:28:22 PM12/28/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,I use jenkins+gerrit+repo, about 15 servers,  every server has about 10 workspace, when many servers download repo at the same time, repo sync stuck.
I have config gerrit.conf sshd.maxConnectionsPerUser = 1024 , it still happen.
please help.

Martin Fick

Dec 29, 2016, 12:08:57 PM12/29/16
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Song
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 08:28:22 PM Matthew Song
wrote:
Could you elaborate on stuck? Are there many connections
building up in your gerrit queue, and they are only being
processed slowly? It sounds like you need more hardware.

What is your ssh thread count set to? How many cores do you
have? The cores and thread count limit the amount of
concurrent work being done. What "-j" are the repo syncs
using?

Likely you need some slaves (Gerrit mirrors) to offload the
work,

-Martin

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

Matthew Song

Dec 29, 2016, 11:24:58 PM12/29/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, jianh...@gmail.com
Hi, thanks for your reply.

1. stuck happen any stage of repo sync , then stuck for hours.
2. threads = 96, 12 core , default use -j4
3. all the server use the same gerrit admin accout. when the server sutck, I can download code at my own pc use my own gerrit account. why ?

在 2016年12月30日星期五 UTC+8上午1:08:57,MartinFick写道:

Remy Bohmer

Dec 30, 2016, 3:56:50 AM12/30/16
to Matthew Song, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

It is still unclear what you mean with 'stuck', but the only case where I have seen repo with -j option goes 'stuck' is with Python version 2.7.2. It has a threading bug and a newer version is mandatory. But this is a long shot for this case given the lack on detals :-)

Kind regards,

Remy

Matthew Song

Jan 6, 2017, 4:04:19 AM1/6/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, jianh...@gmail.com, li...@bohmer.net

stuck like this, 20 minutes passed, still here

在 2016年12月30日星期五 UTC+8下午4:56:50,Remy Bohmer写道:

---