/Documentation/intro-quick.html Screen shots

Sven Selberg

Oct 10, 2016, 4:53:23 AM10/10/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi!

Is there any particular reason that the screenshots in "GERRIT CODE REVIEW - A QUICK INTRODUCTION" are as outdated as they are other then the mere fact that taking screenshots is a really tedious job?
IOW are there any reasons why I should not try to get the time to contribute new screenshots that actually fit the gerrit version the documentation are served from?

/Sven

Edwin Kempin

Oct 10, 2016, 5:41:37 AM10/10/16
to Sven Selberg, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Sven Selberg <sven.s...@axis.com> wrote:
Hi!

Is there any particular reason that the screenshots in "GERRIT CODE REVIEW - A QUICK INTRODUCTION" are as outdated as they are other then the mere fact that taking screenshots is a really tedious job?
IOW are there any reasons why I should not try to get the time to contribute new screenshots that actually fit the gerrit version the documentation are served from?
It's just that nobody had time to update this documentation. It might be that not only the screenshots are outdated.
David P. once wanted to rewrite all of it but then the change got stalled [1].

Sven Selberg

Oct 10, 2016, 6:20:32 AM10/10/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, sven.s...@axis.com
Great!
We should be able to reuse stuff from that change.
At $DAY_JOB we need to set up documentation and education material for Gerrit, shaping up the Documentation in Gerrit could be a part of that work.

/Sven

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 11:41:37 AM UTC+2, Edwin Kempin wrote:
On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Sven Selberg <sven.s...@axis.com> wrote:
Hi!

Is there any particular reason that the screenshots in "GERRIT CODE REVIEW - A QUICK INTRODUCTION" are as outdated as they are other then the mere fact that taking screenshots is a really tedious job?
IOW are there any reasons why I should not try to get the time to contribute new screenshots that actually fit the gerrit version the documentation are served from?
It's just that nobody had time to update this documentation. It might be that not only the screenshots are outdated.
David P. once wanted to rewrite all of it but then the change got stalled [1].

---

Edwin Kempin