I18n within Rendr

Josh Callender

Jan 23, 2014, 6:32:00 PM1/23/14
to ren...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I was just wondering how I18n was being approached within Rendr.  I currently was able to get Polyglot working, but it's only a handlebars helper and that seems bad.  Any suggestions or ways to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Josh Callender

Jan 23, 2014, 7:18:03 PM1/23/14
to ren...@googlegroups.com
What would be super awesome is if the translations could run inline on the server, and then the templates being returned to the client are all translated when they are bundled. #dreams

tomas...@happypancake.com

Aug 4, 2014, 7:57:40 AM8/4/14
to ren...@googlegroups.com
What did you end up with Josh? Found out any more conclusions?
We're approaching the same usage Polygot.js +  Rendr

Thanks, Tomas

Josh Callender

Sep 8, 2014, 9:04:26 PM9/8/14
to ren...@googlegroups.com
To get polyglot to work, i setup a piece of middleware that would detect the locale of the user, that locale will then load translations into polyglot via redis (still on the server-side).  Once it's attached on the server side you can attach polyglot to the app object in the app/app.js, and finally posted to the client via the bootstrapped data on the app object.

Let me know if you have any specific questions on how to setup any of those portions.

Josh