Boot stops at A N D R O I D root@remix_x86: / #

Eli Gruber

Mar 1, 2016, 5:23:40 PM3/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
I installed 32 bit remix beta on a Dell Latitude D600 laptop which runs XP.  I used the installer program (which worked).  On the first reboot, it successfully allocated the 3gb data partition (thought it warned me the write speed was below 10 and might cause issues). But then it stopped at the Linix prompt shown in the question title.  I tried to reboot it again and it gets as far as Checking Data Partition and then it displays that same prompt and stops.  Any suggestions??  I attached a photo

fr8train

Mar 1, 2016, 6:00:06 PM3/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
Ditto. Halp?

Ilham Hamzah

Mar 1, 2016, 6:33:55 PM3/1/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have the same problem.

Tried the alpha, using both C:/(ssd) and D:/(hdd) using EasyBCD and Grub2Win. Both failed. with the same result, stuck in the boot.
Today, I tried the Beta x64 one using the built in installation provided and still the same. It sure is on my end. So here's some detail on my PC
-Windows 10 x64 Pro, Ex-Insider, now on V1511 built 10586.104
-Bios mode in msinfo is Legacy.
-i7 4770k 8gb ram, Amd HD7970. Gigabyte Z97X-SLI.

if you need other information or any file do let me know.
Thanks.
remix fail.jpg

Ilham Hamzah

Mar 1, 2016, 9:57:18 PM3/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi, I've found a solution. Simply wait for 2 hours fix mine. I don't know if it took that long but I leaved it before I went to class after 2 hours, It worked!

leonaed...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2016, 10:02:00 PM3/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hello, I have similar problem, but instead of stuck it always reboot after the A N D R O I D message...
There is also an error message at the beginning, something like "Failed to locate CPU0 node" like that

Eli Gruber

Mar 1, 2016, 10:07:51 PM3/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
I will try that. Does it take 2 hours every time you boot it up?

Eli Gruber

Mar 2, 2016, 10:07:34 AM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
Tried the two hour test...it didn't work for me.

jus...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 10:16:36 AM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
I have the same problem, any developer comment on this?

ssj4gog...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 10:37:14 AM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
I experienced this issue myself when I was using the alpha. It had to do with using an unsupported video card. Thankfully, this was resolved for me in the beta, but it could be your issue now. Try pressing Tab at the Resident or Guest logon screen and manually insert a line to change the display properties. I apologize for not having the command ready now, but a quick search of the topics here relating to graphic card issues should point you in the right direction.

Eli Gruber

Mar 2, 2016, 10:45:30 AM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
Is there any way you can be more specific about how to implement your solution?  I looked at some of the topics on video cards and I cannot understand which parameters apply to me and what I am supposed to do.  Is it a onetime correction...or must be done at every boot?

Ilham Hamzah

Mar 2, 2016, 11:04:24 AM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
No, it boot normally now. Just wait, I think it took longer on low end PC with unsupported hardware.

Eli Gruber

Mar 2, 2016, 11:13:36 AM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
Here is what is displayed if I edit the script.  Any idea what I need to add/change??

ssj4gog...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 11:59:18 AM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
Sadly, this must be done every time you boot.  Insert the line nomodeset vga=794.  You should be able to put the line in anywhere in the section.  794 corresponds to 1280X1024 resolution.  I have no way of knowing if that resolution will work for you or not.  However, a search of VGA grub codes will show more options.  Ideally, if you enter in an unsupported value, Linux will prompt you to choose a proper value and show you a list.

Basically, what this does is it tells Remix OS to use the onboard graphics card.  Unless your computer has an Intel HD card on the motherboard, you probably won't be able to run at 1920X1080.  I wasn't able to but YMMV.

Eli Gruber

Mar 2, 2016, 12:40:17 PM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
I'm not having much luck with the nomodeset command.  Trying different values didn't seem to do anything.

But I'm also not understanding why folks think this is a video issue.  I don't get a blank or frozen screen, I get a linux command line prompt.  So it looks like the boot  script stops running once it enters Checking Partition and returns to the command prompt.

Upon install, there was a message that if the laptop has a disk write speed less than 10, the OS may not boot up.  Mine was about 6-7.  Is this what is wrong?

ssj4gog...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 1:04:22 PM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
I'm just saying that was my issue and it had the exact same circumstances.  I acknowledge that there weren't any visual indicators to show that it was a display issue, but trying different resolution values finally got me to boot.

However, let's move on to your last sentence, 6-7 MPs is pretty low, especially if this is an HDD installation like I am inferring from your post.  You can always try using a USB flash drive for different results, but it may be that your computer is too old to run Remix.  Have you tried booting up Windows XP and defragmenting the drive in an effort to increase write speed?

kunn...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 7:45:50 PM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
I'm getting the same thing.  Sits at the root@remix_x86:/# command line after boot.

I've tried adding as suggested the nomodeset vga=791 command in the grub4dos script and it gives an error command not recognized unless I put it after the boot command - in which case it doesn't seem to make any difference.  Boot proceeds and I'm back sitting at the command line.

Is there a way to force the GUI to load from the command line so I could see possible error messages maybe?  Not sure where to go from here.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you!

Eli Gruber

Mar 2, 2016, 8:11:10 PM3/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
I took your advice and defragmented the drive, and it was pretty bad. I then removed remix and reinstalled it. This time, the write speed was up from 6.8 to 26.8 mb/sec.....and the install partitioned a 6gb drive instead of 3. No error was given about booting. But once it was done and it hit Checking Data Partition it returned to the UNIX prompt.

miguelagu...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 5:57:17 AM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
The same problem with this hardware:

Pentium 4 - 2,4Ghz
Ram 1,5Gb
Graphic Card: Ati Radeon 9200SE slot AGP with 128Mb dedicated RAM

I think it is no coincidence that many users have the same problem.
Is supposed to Remix Beta is designed for machines with few resources.
I do not understand that we have no response from developers.

Chris

Mar 3, 2016, 7:02:09 AM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
+1 on this issue.
OS worked fine for me in earlier versions.
Now in Beta I am stuck at this aswell.

ClimbGuy

Mar 3, 2016, 10:41:49 AM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
As you say I'm hoping a developer comes across these postings soon.  I'd really like to get this working.

Alex Shuls

Mar 3, 2016, 12:05:05 PM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
Remix OS will boot on my laptop, just not my computer

ClimbGuy

Mar 3, 2016, 12:43:23 PM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
I have not tried a different 32bit computer yet but hope to in the next day or so to see if it makes any difference.

Alex Shuls

Mar 3, 2016, 1:17:54 PM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
Apparently my laptop works and it is 32 bit. My computer doesn't work however

ClimbGuy

Mar 4, 2016, 9:52:21 AM3/4/16
to Remix OS for PC
I tried another 32 bit laptop lastnight a netbook and that one boots right to the GUI interface.  Looks great.  Now if we could just get some tips as to how to go about resolving the root prompt issue.

Alex Shuls

Mar 4, 2016, 10:49:11 AM3/4/16
to Remix OS for PC
Maybe there is some issue with this running on computers. Could be. My PC and my laptop have Intel Core Duo

Guannan

Mar 5, 2016, 3:43:10 AM3/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
It may be a graphic card related issue.
If you run thru pen drive:

1) In the "Guest Mode/ Resident Mode" menu, type "Tab"
2) You will see a command line. At the end of the line, type a space " " and then "vga=768" , then press enter.
3) It may tell you "768" is not a valid command, then press "ENTER" to check the options for "vga" command (for example "31B" in my case)

Basically, it let you choose a different resolution display mode which may boot successfully. Good luck.

Guannan

Mar 5, 2016, 3:43:21 AM3/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

annaund...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2016, 12:12:38 PM3/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
I ran into the same problem here and the solution is quite simple [1]

- select ros
- hit escape
- press "e" to edit the selected line
- navigate to the second entry and press"e" again
- append at the end of the line a "vga=ask"
- press "b" to boot
- press enter when promted
- select the right video configuration

should be the same if you boot

Jeff Harris

Mar 5, 2016, 12:41:27 PM3/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
This appears to be working.  My install is now creating the 8G partition for Remix OS.

I appreciate the solution.

One suggestion is to be a little more clear with the instruction "navigate to the second entry and press 'e' again, append at the end of the line a 'vga=ask'.  I was able to figure it out, but I took a guess.  Maybe, display what the entire line of text should look like.

Again, thanks for the solution.

Jordan Thompson

Mar 5, 2016, 12:55:10 PM3/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
This happened on my laptop, I was able to append a new resolution, but it was the only one that "worked" but wasn't supported by my monitor. In Remix OS I applied the resolution supported (that it failed on) and it worked no problem, so I am wondering why it hangs on boot if it actually is supported.

Jeff Harris

Mar 5, 2016, 1:49:45 PM3/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
I am very grateful for this solution.

I have been trying for days to get the Remix OS Beta to install with no luck.  Finally, with the help of your solution, I am able to run Remix on my Dell Inspiron.

Thanks!
Message has been deleted

Alex Shuls

Mar 5, 2016, 9:08:09 PM3/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
Apparently on my laptop, the resolution changes when I boot. Maybe it needs to adjust

ClimbGuy

Mar 5, 2016, 11:35:18 PM3/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
Tried the vga=ask.  It still boots to a prompt like in Eli's original image.  No GUI.  What gives?   I'm trying to run on a Toshiba Satellite L25-S1193

Brady Turner

Mar 6, 2016, 8:19:00 AM3/6/16
to Remix OS for PC
Can I add the "ask=VGA" to the command line so it boots to the question every time?

Alex Shuls

Mar 6, 2016, 1:30:23 PM3/6/16
to Remix OS for PC
The remix OS logo is just flashing

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2016, 2:41:47 PM3/6/16
to Remix OS for PC
Guys add nomodeset to vga=ask to disable nouveau as well. Without nomodeset nouveau would still load but this way the vga mode you choose is forced

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2016, 2:42:07 PM3/6/16
to Remix OS for PC

carloal...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2016, 7:00:10 AM3/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
Up for this

Timuçin

Mar 7, 2016, 9:46:03 AM3/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same problem
@
dell d800
pentium m 1.70
nvidia gf 4 4200go

,
modeset , vga=   commands
nothing changes anything
still same
Message has been deleted

georg....@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2016, 11:57:31 AM3/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
Here same issue.
Dell Latitude D505
1 GB RAM
Pentium M 1,6Mhz

tried to wait 2h --> nothing.
tried to wait 4h --> nothing.

vga = ask --> did not work

In the menu where I can decide on e,b,c
I tooked c for command line.
then tab for the possible commands

vbeprobe worked, but I don´t know what to do with this info now. 0x105?
I tried "vbe=0x105" and vbe=791" and so on.
allways Error 27: Unrecognized command.

With "setvbe 0x105" the screen resulution was changed but, what....
Does not help anything!
I have now the same issue just with an changed screen resulution.

any suggestions?

Teng-Yan Loke

Mar 7, 2016, 3:22:28 PM3/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
I suffer the same issue as in it gets stuck on a blank screen with a blinking cursor if I don't select a display resolution and none if I do select either 800x600x16 or 1024x768x16 resolutions.

I'm trying to install Remix OS Beta on a Lenovo ThinkPad X100e with the following specs.

AMD Athlon Neo MV-40
ATI Radeon HD 3200
11.6" 1366x768 display
2GB RAM
USB 2.0
500GB HDD

Gabriel Ramos

Mar 7, 2016, 5:38:59 PM3/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
You are using your laptop and a monitor like second screen?
Message has been deleted

Mr. Phoenix

Mar 7, 2016, 6:03:54 PM3/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
how did you install it if is usb 2.0 it will mess up you have to have a usb 3.0 if you did this by hdd installation it would not do that because i have tested it on all my computers in my home and all run perfectly with hdd installation usb 3.0 works good especially sandisk extreme 32-128gb drives work i use it all the time t help you guys out email me if you have another problem: blockso...@gmail.com

Geoff Watson

Mar 8, 2016, 12:40:52 AM3/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
Disconnect your second monitor/TV and make display settings for only one monitor.
This is what my issue was, this is how I fixed it

rahul...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 7:38:46 AM3/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
My specs:-
Core i3 2100
AMD R7 250 gddr5
660 gb hdd
4 gb ram.
At first it didn't work, stuck on Android.... I waited for a long time almost 2.5 hrs and no results.. So I tried by removing my graphics card and plugging my vga directly into motherboard and boom IT BOOTED.. But its not fair that whenever I want to use Remix os I have to again and again remove my gpu to make it work... Without GPU there is nothing[no games, ps , etc] to do with windows for me... Anyhow it works for me w/o gpu.. I think it should me graphics drivers issue.. Remix team hadn't added any gpu [NVidia or AMD] drivers in it I think so... My friend has an NVidia gpu and for him too it didn't work and after following the above procedure only it worked...... Soon need a fix from remix team.. :) :) But the performance I got was excellent even w/o gpu.. My processor is good enough to run and got a score of 128000 in Antutu...

Gökhan Çokşen

Mar 8, 2016, 12:11:26 PM3/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
@Eli Gruber
Change find --set -root /RemixOs/kernel with find --set -root /RemixOs/system.img
It worked for someone who has the same parameters.

Eli Gruber

Mar 8, 2016, 12:48:46 PM3/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
Thanks...but it didn't work.  Same result.

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 2:15:28 PM3/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
This is for the stuff at the main thread or special to him?

Eli Gruber

Mar 8, 2016, 2:21:09 PM3/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
I was responding to Gokhan Coksen's suggestion

thomas....@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 7:13:29 AM3/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
Yes, I have the same problem on one or two laptops. I think it has to do with the graphics driver, which is strange, because this is an old Intel GPU, so it should be well supported.

mayurpa...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 10:32:57 AM3/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
i got the same error ... have you found any solution?

Marshall Lee

Mar 9, 2016, 1:08:22 PM3/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
I found that rebooting and changing the grub boot option (the second one) adding to the end "vga=ask" then using that one to boot (hit 'b').
hit Enter then select a valid resolution I have been using 318 or 315 ... and it will boot the GUI.
I found this hint elsewhere here or on web. thanks if you are reading this that originated this workaround.
BTW. needs to be done on every boot. I have yet to figure out how to make the option perminate.

Guannan

Mar 10, 2016, 1:21:59 AM3/10/16
to Remix OS for PC

Eli Gruber

Mar 10, 2016, 10:22:06 AM3/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
Somehow, I'm not convinced this is a video issue. Mine aborts while or after checking the data partition. I can't see what the next steps are in the boot process, but if anyone can see it, the problem is most likely there.

Alex Shuls

Mar 10, 2016, 6:32:58 PM3/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
I might know the issue. Here is what you need to do.
Edit the 2nd command line.
Before VGA=ask (or at the end of the line if you don't have that in the command), put in DATA= CREATE_DATA=IMG=1
Apparently, I needed to do this. I am testing this now

aditya.radh...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2016, 11:54:15 PM3/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same problem everybody.
I've tried everything - screen resolution changing, and waiting for 2 hours (actually 3).
I hope the people at Jide fix this soon.
Does anybody have any other solutions?
Remix is creates a data partition in my Dell Inspiron 8600, but then this error shows up.
My processor is Intel core pentium M 32bit.
I have no other use for that pc, so I want to install remix OS.

Alex Shuls

Mar 12, 2016, 12:11:27 PM3/12/16
to Remix OS for PC
For the first command line in residence mode, replace /system.img with /kernel

ClimbGuy

Mar 13, 2016, 2:47:57 PM3/13/16
to Remix OS for PC
I've tried all of these things.  They all still take me to the same screen as Eli Gruber at the top of this posting.  Just a blinking cursor at the ANDROID root@remix_x86:/# prompt.  :(

Eli Gruber

Mar 14, 2016, 10:58:25 AM3/14/16
to Remix OS for PC
Does the Phoenix OS work any better?  Does it run on 32 bit PCs?

macroa...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 8:32:32 AM3/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
Tried changing vga=ask but there is no change. What to do?

csaba....@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 1:52:03 PM3/15/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Remix_OS_for_PC_32-bit_Beta_Version_Package
Tested COMPAQ Evo N800V notebook,
and an older Dell PC.
Fault message: ANDROID remix_x86 root @: / # prompt.
Tried changing vga = ask but there is no change.

Phoenix OS (x64, x86 is not found) CPU problem.

marvynm...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2016, 11:04:23 AM3/20/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi everyone, i got the same problem, but i booted it up using the comands acpi=off vga=ask, them you choose the better vga mode for you and hit enter.

franp....@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2016, 5:55:05 PM3/20/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same problem. Stuck at the " A N D R O I D root@remix_x86:/ # " prompt.

Tried various combinations "vga=ask"; "acpi=off" ; etc - nothing worked, still stuck at prompt.

Lab Rat Specs:
Asus Eee PC 904HD

- Intel Celeron M 353 / 900MHz / 32-bit
   Chipset: Intel 910GML Express
- DDR2 2GB RAM / 400MHz
- Seagate HDD 160GB
- 1024x600 WSVGA

sked...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 12:50:58 PM3/22/16
to Remix OS for PC
I also have an Asus eee PC (900).
Doesn't get past the prompt.

bsmit...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 7:53:52 PM3/22/16
to Remix OS for PC
It's my belief that, since Remix is based off of Android x86, the kernel doesn't have the proper drivers to run on some of these older systems. Since Android x86 ICS does run on most of the devices I've seen listed here, what's keeping someone from extracting the older kernel from 4.0 ICS and porting it to the Remix beta build?
I'm going to give it a shot and report back...

Amandeep Kumar

Mar 23, 2016, 9:39:19 AM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hey Guys. I am also suffering from the same problem. I got Sony Vaio SVE11151ENB Laptop. Please help

Amandeep Kumar

Mar 23, 2016, 9:39:21 AM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC

bsmit...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2016, 10:06:26 AM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
Tried the kernel from 4.2 first, didn't boot.
Tried kernel from 4.0 r1 and rc1, still no boot.
This problem may be in the way Remix is built.
My next option is to strip the /system partition from Remix and place it in the 4.0 build.

Marshall Lee

Mar 23, 2016, 10:42:24 AM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
I installed on a hyper-v win7 vm. All I needed to do was the vga=ask option to get it to work. The touch option is default which is a pain but other then that it works.

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2016, 11:58:02 AM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
Btw, my laptop boots so well Android x86 4.4 all release candidates. People here using the kernel file directly, it won't simply work. We need to upstream the kernel first to work with lollipop. Any developers here? Or else, we all could hire a develope and everyone who can boot the new kernel donates.

Steffen Puschmann

Mar 23, 2016, 2:29:50 PM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
I ran into the same issue when I updated from 2.01 beta to 2.02.
After swapping initrd back to the old one what I extracted from the remix2.01-iso solved the problem.
When you installed on USB it might be necessary to use a Linux-PC because of the filesystem Windows can't nativly read.

I'm running RemixOS on Intel i5 5200U / HD 5500 from a SSD with a parallel installed Win10, so it is easy to swap the files or manipulate the boot scripts from Windows. Resolution (2560x1080). WiFi is still not working but I'm on powerLAN anyway.

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2016, 2:52:47 PM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
You mean you got a solution? Can u write a guide or something?

Alex Shuls

Mar 23, 2016, 4:19:56 PM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
Edit Resident Mode:
1st line: replace RemixOS\system.img with RemixOS\kernel
2nd line: wherever the hardware part is, after the =, if it says something like eemce, replace it with remix_x86. Also make sure at the end of the line, it says DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 vga=ask

This should work

bsmit...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2016, 6:36:33 PM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
All I have with the Remix USB is this:

>/kernel initrd=/initrd.img root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=remix_x86 androidboot.selinux=permissive quiet SRC= DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1

I know how to set vga to ask, I don't think that's my problem. It boots and runs fine on my HP mini 5101 with 2g of RAM, and on my 64 bit Toshiba with 4g of RAM.
I'm hoping there's a way to get it to boot fully on my eee PC 2g surf (512mb RAM).
Is there a way to inflict the same kind of "is_low_memory_device=" flag as some app developers write into their apps?
I can run Ubuntu, peppermint, vector Linux, and quite a few more Linux distros on this thing, I don't see why someone couldn't build a remix mini distro or strip this one down to make it run on more hardware.

Alex Shuls

Mar 23, 2016, 7:13:24 PM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
Your setup is different. CREATE_DATA_IMG doesn't work for usb

Steffen Puschmann

Mar 23, 2016, 8:11:36 PM3/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
This only works on a harddisk install: (at least it worked for me...)
First of all..." the vga=solution" didn't do anything.

here what I did:

- I extracted the initrd.img from the "Remix_OS_for_PC_64_B2016030106.iso" located in the RemixOS-install-folder using 7zip
- went into  C:\RemixOS and replaced the "initrd.img"
- after reboot into Remix the problem was solved... no issues.

If that solved the problem means that the graphics was no issue.
ramdisk maybe?!

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 2:54:13 AM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Aren't both files the same?

bsmit...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 6:40:07 AM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
The initrd from 64 has all the libs for 64bit PCs that 32 doesn't, of course. I think it's a ram issue, not video. I haven't tested this theory, but I do have a machine here with 1gig of RAM and memory sharing with the onboard video. If I allocate 256mb to video and it won't boot, there's the problem.
On another note, I added "INSTALL=1" at the end of the resident mode string, forcing Remix to use the built-in installer from Android x86. Can't get grub to install, and can't tie the boot string made by the Remix installer to the partition where I installed Remix.

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 8:08:11 AM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Wow! You mean use initrd of 64 bit iso on the 32 bit one, I'm right? Looks great. I'm gonna give it a try shortly and post feedback.

Alex Shuls

Mar 26, 2016, 12:29:24 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Again, for hard drive users:

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 12:47:42 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
It didn't work for me :/

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 12:48:53 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Also didn't work for me :'( I feel hopeless

Alex Shuls

Mar 26, 2016, 3:15:41 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
That's odd. It worked for me. Do you have VGA=ask at the end of the line?

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 3:53:41 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Yes. But I have a lil question. Can I use Android x86 4.4 kernel? How?

Alex Shuls

Mar 26, 2016, 4:34:48 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Remix OS doesn't use Android 4.4.4.
It might work. Someone would have to experiment with the bootloader though

hypot...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 5:00:33 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
You can; replacing kernel and /system/lib/modules/4.4.0-* folder

[Just fyi Ax86 is using 4.4.0; RemixOS is  currently using 4.4.5]

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 5:14:44 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Oh wait :D can you explain more? I will use kernel file from 4.4, and..?

hypot...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 5:51:32 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC

and modules folder i.e. as above; the 4.4.5-* folder is stock RemixOS kernel modules; the other is the custom 4.4.2 kernel modules I'm using.

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 6:35:32 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
4.4 here refers to kitkat not kernel version
I copied kernel file from 4.4, and modules folder from 4.4 to remix beta 32 bit. It boots to A N D R O I D without @remix_x86.
Anything more to copy?

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 6:37:33 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
I deleted also the stock remix modules folder. I don't have both like yours :/

hypot...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2016, 9:42:42 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Permissions perhaps. But it should still boot without the modules; do you know the kernel version you are trying? 4.x should be fine, not sure with 3.x though

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2016, 9:00:26 AM3/27/16
to Remix OS for PC
It is 3.x.xx "I cant remember the Xs now".can you suggest a working alternative kernel?

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2016, 5:43:17 PM3/27/16
to Remix OS for PC
Some sort of valuable information. It didn't boot because I forgot to rename RePacked.img to system.img after embedding kitkat kernel. It actually does pretty the same thing: black screen with blinking cursor after being stuck A N D R O I D @ remix_x86 for few seconds. Dmesg shows "init:untracked uid xxxx exited" and "init: can't read from property file /system/build.prop...". I also switched initrd file and all the same.
I conclude something, this is not kernel problem. This is something in the system itself.

bsmit...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2016, 10:17:31 PM3/27/16
to Remix OS for PC
I still believe it's a memory issue for me, possibly an I/O error that isn't being tracked. It would be nice to get my eyes on the last_kmesg and see why it stops.

mohdai...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2016, 6:32:54 AM3/28/16
to Remix OS for PC
Okay I will use back the original remix kernel to debug it instead. If it stops at a root terminal that can process root commands, how I can do it?
It is loading more messages.