Trying to install 32b BETA version - "Not enough space to create Data Partition. Unable to use Persistent Mode"

Dave Allan

Mar 1, 2016, 10:23:27 AM3/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hello,

I'm trying to install 32b BETA version and it stops with "Not enough space to create Data Partition. Unable to use Persistent Mode" it has the option to press Enter to continue.... Nothing happens when I press Enter (frozen)...at least it isn't in a reboot loop.

There are two SATA drives connected with plenty of space on them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S. - Write speed was successful.

I'm eager to try this OS but I've just had frustration trying to get it installed. I find it odd that an OS targeting legacy systems is so unforgiving when you actually try to install it on one. :/

St. Chris Provider

Mar 1, 2016, 11:16:44 AM3/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
I think the installer needs to have better hardware scanning prior to initializing.

I get the same error on a VM via Virtualbox.

evildog1

Mar 7, 2016, 12:24:18 PM3/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
i'm having the same problem. please tell me how to fix the problem

mgh...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 2:00:19 AM3/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
Is there another version of Remix that is known to work with VMware without issues?

St. Chris Provider

Mar 9, 2016, 10:27:27 AM3/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
1) at the initial grub screen you need to hit tab.

2) The on the options line hit space INSTALL=1

3) Once in there you will need to use fdisk (NOT GPART,) to format partition.

3) Edit partition
3.a) Enter through default as this is a vm.
3b.) Set partition to bootable.
3c.) Write changes to disk

4) Once that is done you can select fs (I chose ext3 for obvious reasons.)

5) Install grub (DO NOT INSTALL GRUB EFI)

6) ONCE INSTALL IS FINISHED MAKE SURE TO REMOVE INSTALL MEDIA FROM VM.

Done

:)

vladimi...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2016, 3:42:37 AM3/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
These instructions work, thanks St. Chris.

dusan....@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2016, 3:28:57 PM4/21/16
to Remix OS for PC
This works! :)

nallica.mu...@gmail.com

May 24, 2016, 3:42:02 AM5/24/16
to Remix OS for PC
it is working thanks.. u saved the day for me

rramir...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2016, 6:19:33 PM6/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
i did the INSTALLER=1 process but i get another error that states the machine cannot find my hard drive.....

deka...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2016, 12:05:41 AM6/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
Try INSTALL=1 instead

andre...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2016, 11:10:32 PM6/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
wow.. You're a genius! THX!

wowma...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2016, 12:07:11 AM7/31/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hey guys just found a solution for you, it worked for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX5aMWHAlPo

You have to format a partition in your local vr hdd.

wowma...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2016, 12:07:14 AM7/31/16
to Remix OS for PC

thin...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2017, 5:30:36 AM2/23/17
to Remix OS for PC
thanks, it's working

futur.fu...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2017, 7:02:14 PM2/28/17
to Remix OS for PC
INSTALL=1 trick worked for me

reginal...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2017, 11:47:04 AM8/24/17
to Remix OS for PC
INSTALL=1works

russell...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2017, 10:47:55 AM9/28/17
to Remix OS for PC
Have you guys seriously managed to install RemixOS? I've tried about a dozen times, I've seen a variety of errors during startup. I'm really interested in this OS concept but it's such a massive pain in the ass to get working on a test system. Hyper-V, VirtualBox report 'Cannot detect the writing speed. System may fail to boot up. To continue press Enter'. But there seems to be nothing I can think of the work around this message. I've thought to myself every time, 'Ok, this OS is new and I'm sure they will iron out the kinks so I'll wait a few months and try again' but so far there has been no change. It's a real pain to install on a virtual machine which puts me off trying it on a physical one.

chatwit...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2018, 5:33:50 AM1/29/18
to Remix OS for PC
I did try the above steps and was successfully able to install grub. however I noticed that I di not have an option to choose ext3 . the available optiond are ext4 ntfs and fat 32 . I never got any error while installing  grub however after rebooting it still says cannot detect writing speed . system may not boot .

Im trying to install remix os 32 bit in Virtual box .

Message has been deleted

Edward Schreiber

Apr 30, 2021, 9:38:30 AM4/30/21
to Remix OS for PC